Where to begin

I just installed StarWars Galaxies and Jump to Lightspeed this morning and
not sure where to begin. I have created my character and done the tutorial.
What now? I'm on Kettemoor server as a Bothan Scout.

Peter

Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to explore on the ground? If
so, you can take missions from the terminals around whichever city you are
in. Or, if flying is your thing, talk to one of the 3 factioned recruiters
for pilots and start your career that way.

Basically, whatever you want to do, you can do..there are very few
restrictions in the SWG universe. And be sure to ask for help if you need
it; most veteran players are more than happy to help out a new player.

"Peter Walker" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
>I just installed StarWars Galaxies and Jump to Lightspeed this morning and
> not sure where to begin. I have created my character and done the
> tutorial.
> What now? I'm on Kettemoor server as a Bothan Scout.
>
> Peter

if you know what combat profession you want to be, ask someone for a weapon.
having a good one means everyting when first starting out.

Peter Walker wrote:
> I just installed StarWars Galaxies and Jump to Lightspeed this morning and
> not sure where to begin. I have created my character and done the tutorial.
> What now? I'm on Kettemoor server as a Bothan Scout.
>
> Peter

If you want to earn some money while getting experience, collect meats
for me. Just send an in-game email to glynnis. Maybe I can help answer
your questions too. If you're a scout then you'll need some combat
skills before you go hunting.

- glynnis

Peter Walker wrote:
> I just installed StarWars Galaxies and Jump to Lightspeed this morning and
> not sure where to begin. I have created my character and done the tutorial.
> What now? I'm on Kettemoor server as a Bothan Scout.
>
> Peter

I'd start with JtL. Go flying.

Second, find trainers in all the basic skills: melee, ranged, medic,
artisan, etc.

Finally, head over to www.station.sony.com and find the forum there.
There's lots and lots of good advice to be be found.

CH

Well,

The best advice I got start was to get all the novice professions to start.
It helps you decide what style of play you like as you dabble in
professions. Also, you get get credits for completing the basic missions for
each profession. If you decide to go combat, get armor. As you'll mostly be
battling low-level creatures to start, save up up and get a set of Ubese
armor with high kinetic resist (examine the armor and it will show a
percentage of resistance - get greater than 60% kinetic). Also, there only 4
pieces of armor that are essential - chest, boots, helmet and gloves. This
will save you money and encumbrance.
If you decide to to go crafting, you many want to start a resource biz.
Harvest minerals, chemicals, etc. I made a lot of money by building my
business through the bazaar. I sold only out of the Coronet bazaar as thats
the busiest city on my server. I ramped it up to where I was selling 2000
units for 6000 credits (3cpu= 3 credits per unit). Once you have a decent
income you may want to just go combat or become a merchant. But having a
nice pile of cash makes leveling in professions easier as you can buy any
materials/weapons/armor that you need.
Also, check out the official forums on station.com -
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/
Here are a few other useful websites:
http://www.swgcenter.com
http://www.swgcraft.com
http://swgcb.yogn.net/swg-cb

Good Luck,
Chabu/Chilastra

"Peter Walker" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
>I just installed StarWars Galaxies and Jump to Lightspeed this morning and
> not sure where to begin. I have created my character and done the
> tutorial.
> What now? I'm on Kettemoor server as a Bothan Scout.
>
> Peter

Reply to message from "No1uNo" <no1uno@huntmail.com> (Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:
37:42) about "Re: Where to begin":

Awesome guide man. I wish i had someone laying me out like this how to get
started two years ago.

Pfeiffer, Dirk - Jedi Padawan - Bria

N> Well,

N> The best advice I got start was to get all the novice professions to
N> start. It helps you decide what style of play you like as you dabble in
N> professions. Also, you get get credits for completing the basic
N> missions for each profession. If you decide to go combat, get armor. As
N> you'll mostly be battling low-level creatures to start, save up up and
N> get a set of Ubese armor with high kinetic resist (examine the armor
N> and it will show a percentage of resistance - get greater than 60%
N> kinetic). Also, there only 4 pieces of armor that are essential -
N> chest, boots, helmet and gloves. This will save you money and
N> encumbrance. If you decide to to go crafting, you many want to start a
N> resource biz. Harvest minerals, chemicals, etc. I made a lot of money
N> by building my business through the bazaar. I sold only out of the
N> Coronet bazaar as thats the busiest city on my server. I ramped it up
N> to where I was selling 2000
N> units for 6000 credits (3cpu= 3 credits per unit). Once you have a
N> decent income you may want to just go combat or become a merchant. But
N> having a nice pile of cash makes leveling in professions easier as you
N> can buy any materials/weapons/armor that you need. Also, check out the
N> official forums on station.com - http://forums.station. sony.com/swg/
N> Here are a few other useful websites: http://www. swgcenter.com http://
N> www.swgcraft. com http://swgcb.yogn.net/swg-cb

N> Good Luck,
N> Chabu/Chilastra

N> "Peter Walker" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message news:WZHRd.
N> 65649$GT.37558@okepread01...
>> I just installed StarWars Galaxies and Jump to Lightspeed this morning
>> and not sure where to begin. I have created my character and done the
>> tutorial.
>> What now? I'm on Kettemoor server as a Bothan Scout.

>> Peter

Bye
Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:11:12 +0200

Great tips, but one small correction - with Ubese armor you only need three
pieces - jacket, boots, and helmet. Under the current system this will
cover all four target areas. For other types of armor you are correct, you
need four; Ubese is an exception because the jacket protects both chest and
arms.

"No1uNo" <no1uno@huntmail.com> wrote in message
> Well,
>
> The best advice I got start was to get all the novice professions to
> start. It helps you decide what style of play you like as you dabble in
> professions. Also, you get get credits for completing the basic missions
> for each profession. If you decide to go combat, get armor. As you'll
> mostly be battling low-level creatures to start, save up up and get a set
> of Ubese armor with high kinetic resist (examine the armor and it will
> show a percentage of resistance - get greater than 60% kinetic). Also,
> there only 4 pieces of armor that are essential - chest, boots, helmet and
> gloves. This will save you money and encumbrance.
> If you decide to to go crafting, you many want to start a resource biz.
> Harvest minerals, chemicals, etc. I made a lot of money by building my
> business through the bazaar. I sold only out of the Coronet bazaar as
> thats the busiest city on my server. I ramped it up to where I was selling
> 2000 units for 6000 credits (3cpu= 3 credits per unit). Once you have a
> decent income you may want to just go combat or become a merchant. But
> having a nice pile of cash makes leveling in professions easier as you can
> buy any materials/weapons/armor that you need.
> Also, check out the official forums on station.com -
> http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/
> Here are a few other useful websites:
> http://www.swgcenter.com
> http://www.swgcraft.com
> http://swgcb.yogn.net/swg-cb
>
> Good Luck,
> Chabu/Chilastra
>

> "Peter Walker" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
>>I just installed StarWars Galaxies and Jump to Lightspeed this morning and
>> not sure where to begin. I have created my character and done the
>> tutorial.
>> What now? I'm on Kettemoor server as a Bothan Scout.
>>
>> Peter

My bad on Ubese....never use it anymore and forgot about that big ass
jacket.....lol.

"Haqsau" <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Great tips, but one small correction - with Ubese armor you only need
> three pieces - jacket, boots, and helmet. Under the current system this
> will cover all four target areas. For other types of armor you are
> correct, you need four; Ubese is an exception because the jacket protects
> both chest and arms.
>

> "No1uNo" <no1uno@huntmail.com> wrote in message
>> Well,
>>
>> The best advice I got start was to get all the novice professions to
>> start. It helps you decide what style of play you like as you dabble in
>> professions. Also, you get get credits for completing the basic missions
>> for each profession. If you decide to go combat, get armor. As you'll
>> mostly be battling low-level creatures to start, save up up and get a set
>> of Ubese armor with high kinetic resist (examine the armor and it will
>> show a percentage of resistance - get greater than 60% kinetic). Also,
>> there only 4 pieces of armor that are essential - chest, boots, helmet
>> and gloves. This will save you money and encumbrance.
>> If you decide to to go crafting, you many want to start a resource biz.
>> Harvest minerals, chemicals, etc. I made a lot of money by building my
>> business through the bazaar. I sold only out of the Coronet bazaar as
>> thats the busiest city on my server. I ramped it up to where I was
>> selling 2000 units for 6000 credits (3cpu= 3 credits per unit). Once you
>> have a decent income you may want to just go combat or become a merchant.
>> But having a nice pile of cash makes leveling in professions easier as
>> you can buy any materials/weapons/armor that you need.
>> Also, check out the official forums on station.com -
>> http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/
>> Here are a few other useful websites:
>> http://www.swgcenter.com
>> http://www.swgcraft.com
>> http://swgcb.yogn.net/swg-cb
>>
>> Good Luck,
>> Chabu/Chilastra
>>

>> "Peter Walker" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>I just installed StarWars Galaxies and Jump to Lightspeed this morning
>>>and
>>> not sure where to begin. I have created my character and done the
>>> tutorial.
>>> What now? I'm on Kettemoor server as a Bothan Scout.
>>>
>>> Peter

"Peter Walker" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
>I just installed StarWars Galaxies and Jump to Lightspeed this morning and
> not sure where to begin. I have created my character and done the
> tutorial.
> What now? I'm on Kettemoor server as a Bothan Scout.
>
> Peter

As the other posters already mentioned .. the possibilities are endless.

What I like to do is go thru the list of Player events here...
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/content.jsp?page=Player%20Events

and make a toon there and check it out. Some of the events are pretty cool.
They can range from fight nights, beauty contests, raffle drawings, dance
contests etc.