Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo832

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at purchasing a Ryzen 5 3600 or similar CPU and matching it with appropriate RAM without breaking the bank.

I'm based in New Zealand so my options are quite limited. B die kits are out of the question as they have a massive premium here.

The kits I am considering are :

HX432C16PB3K2/16

F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16

The Gskill is SK Hynix MFR, the Kingston is SK Hynix, and the Corsair is Samsung according to the Asus motherboard compatibility checker.

Are they all just the same flavor and a different brand? Should I just buy the cheapest one available to me?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at purchasing a Ryzen 5 3600 or similar CPU and matching it with appropriate RAM without breaking the bank.

I'm based in New Zealand so my options are quite limited. B die kits are out of the question as they have a massive premium here.

The kits I am considering are :

HX432C16PB3K2/16

F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16

The Gskill is SK Hynix MFR, the Kingston is SK Hynix, and the Corsair is Samsung according to the Asus motherboard compatibility checker.

Are they all just the same flavor and a different brand? Should I just buy the cheapest one available to me?

Thanks in advance.

Ryzen is much less fussy about ram than when it first launched, and Ryzen 3000 is also better than the previous generations.... I run an R5 1600 on a Hynix based kit and I was actually able to overclock the ram a little after installing the latest bios update. I think you'll be fine with any of the kits if you just want to run them at their rated speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.