InTakeYT1

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
I'm looking for a case with decent cable management, airflow and just plain aesthetics

These are what I had in mind but wasn't sure

Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh Tempered Glass Performance

Corsair 4000D Airflow

Fractal Design Meshify C

Any Other Suggestions?

Although I am kind of turned off by the lian li case not supplying a dust filter

Solution
So P400A RGB or P500A NON RGB
I dont really care about rgb case fans but just going off price simularity
Ultimately up to you.
Features aside, you also have to like the appearance of a box that you'll be looking at for some time.

Logically speaking, knowing that the P500A is an updated revision of the old one, I'd go with the new model.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ah. The last review I read of a Lian-Li case, the airflow was very decent. As long as you removed the front dust filter. Rgb/argb fans might be all the rage for looks, but their performance is severely lacking, due mostly to the fan requirements. Composition of blades and materials, motor housing reductions for lighting pcb's and wiring, basically its a choice of looks or performance, you aren't getting both.

So adding a dust filter, is going to destroy both the looks of the RGB fans and the already disappointing performance.

That said, I own a $250 Lian-Li case which does not come with any dust filters at all, but because of the airflow and requirements, the fans generally don't exceed @ 450rpm, so dust accumulation isn't really an issue.

The Corsair might have sweetness with its airflow, but imho, it's not a pretty case. The front (especially on the silver/white) reminds me of 1960's bead curtains.

Hands down for me is the Meshify C. Use 3xfans in front and a single rear, leave the top enclosed. Any additional fans would be a single top-rear. You'll not need more, that'll just confuse the airflow patterns and actually reduce its overall effectiveness.

in MY humble opinion. Take it with a grain of salt. Tastes differ from person to person.

'Better' is rather subjective. All 3 cases are very good for airflow, so much so that there's not much to differentiate the 3. So 'better' in that respect becomes a personal aspect. Which fits your build, what gimmicks (like modularity or usb3.1/3.2/C) do you find more attractive or useful, which look do you prefer, which TG offers the better viewing or non viewing options etc. Weigh the Pros and Cons of each. Figure out what you really want, what you can live with (or without), narrow down the reasons to keep or dump each choice.

The 'better' case will be the winner, 'better' for you personally, overall.

Last edited:

InTakeYT1

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
Ah. The last review I read of a Lian-Li case, the airflow was very decent. As long as you removed the front dust filter. Rgb/argb fans might be all the rage for looks, but their performance is severely lacking, due mostly to the fan requirements. Composition of blades and materials, motor housing reductions for lighting pcb's and wiring, basically its a choice of looks or performance, you aren't getting both.

So adding a dust filter, is going to destroy both the looks of the RGB fans and the already disappointing performance.

That said, I own a $250 Lian-Li case which does not come with any dust filters at all, but because of the airflow and requirements, the fans generally don't exceed @ 450rpm, so dust accumulation isn't really an issue.

The Corsair might have sweetness with its airflow, but imho, it's not a pretty case. The front (especially on the silver/white) reminds me of 1960's bead curtains.

Hands down for me is the Meshify C. Use 3xfans in front and a single rear, leave the top enclosed. Any additional fans would be a single top-rear. You'll not need more, that'll just confuse the airflow patterns and actually reduce its overall effectiveness.

in MY humble opinion. Take it with a grain of salt. Tastes differ from person to person.

'Better' is rather subjective. All 3 cases are very good for airflow, so much so that there's not much to differentiate the 3. So 'better' in that respect becomes a personal aspect. Which fits your build, what gimmicks (like modularity or usb3.1/3.2/C) do you find more attractive or useful, which look do you prefer, which TG offers the better viewing or non viewing options etc. Weigh the Pros and Cons of each. Figure out what you really want, what you can live with (or without), narrow down the reasons to keep or dump each choice.

The 'better' case will be the winner, 'better' for you personally, overall.
What do you think about the Phanteks Eclipse P500A (Non RGB Edition)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Although I am kind of turned off by the lian li case not supplying a dust filter
Are you referring to the front of it?
It doesn't need one, plus doing so would reduce airflow further, likely making the other 2 models you're considering more attractive options.

Corsair: Ehh, I feel like Corsair's going through a 'dull' period lately. Like, someone at Corsair 'yawned', and birthed the 4000 series chassis.

Meshify C: Tried and true chassis.
I'm not a fan of the 'angled' look, but to each their own.

Any Other Suggestions?
Cooler Master H500
be quiet! Pure Base 500DX
Phanteks P600S

The last review I read of a Lian-Li case, the airflow was very decent. As long as you removed the front dust filter.
That was the O11 Air.
Like, did they really test this thing before making it public?

InTakeYT1

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
Are you referring to the front of it?
It doesn't need one, plus doing so would reduce airflow further, likely making the other 2 models you're considering more attractive options.

Corsair: Ehh, I feel like Corsair's going through a 'dull' period lately. Like, someone at Corsair 'yawned', and birthed the 4000 series chassis.

Meshify C: Tried and true chassis.
I'm not a fan of the 'angled' look, but to each their own.

Cooler Master H500
be quiet! Pure Base 500DX
Phanteks P600S

That was the O11 Air.
Like, did they really test this thing before making it public?
What do you think about the Phanteks Eclipse P500A (Non RGB Edition)