[SOLVED] Which Component Should I Upgrade??

Oct 9, 2021
Hye, my pc so slowwww when i try to open any app it could take time like 20 second or above.. and I wanna upgrade it but idk which component I should upgrade

my pc spec

Processor: Intel i3 4150 3.5ghz 2 core 4 thread
Gpu: Gtx 750ti 2gb
Ram: hyperX 8GBx1 Apacer 2GBx1
Hard Drive: HDD Toshiba 500GB Read & Write Speed
Motherboard: Asus H81MK

helepp

Solution
if it has just begun to act this way recently you should first try a fresh OS install.

but you also need to figure that your CPU is 7 generations old and was a lower end model at the time of release.
plus you have mixed an odd type/amount of RAM that can also cause issues with processing data.
and using a slower hard disk for your OS & applications is always going to be noticeably slower than a type of solid-state drive.
idk which component I should upgrade

to upgrade your CPU to anything "modern" you are going to need a new motherboard, new RAM, and more than likely a new power supply.

another option is just to get a nice 3.5" SATA SSD and...
if it has just begun to act this way recently you should first try a fresh OS install.

but you also need to figure that your CPU is 7 generations old and was a lower end model at the time of release.
plus you have mixed an odd type/amount of RAM that can also cause issues with processing data.
and using a slower hard disk for your OS & applications is always going to be noticeably slower than a type of solid-state drive.
idk which component I should upgrade

to upgrade your CPU to anything "modern" you are going to need a new motherboard, new RAM, and more than likely a new power supply.

another option is just to get a nice 3.5" SATA SSD and install your fresh OS on that.
if there is a noticeable improvement that makes it at least bearable then you can decide if it's worth it to upgrade the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: froggy8 and Why_Me
Solution
Hye, my pc so slowwww when i try to open any app it could take time like 20 second or above.. and I wanna upgrade it but idk which component I should upgrade

my pc spec

Processor: Intel i3 4150 3.5ghz 2 core 4 thread
Gpu: Gtx 750ti 2gb
Ram: hyperX 8GBx1 Apacer 2GBx1
Hard Drive: HDD Toshiba 500GB Read & Write Speed
Motherboard: Asus H81MK

helepp
Trying to keep things wallet friendly swap the hdd to a ssd.

Before you do that run a pass of disk cleanup and don't forget to click the system files button.......Test to see if it helped.

Reactions: fahrinj
Oct 9, 2021

another option is just to get a nice 3.5" SATA SSD and install your fresh OS on that.
if there is a noticeable improvement that makes it at least bearable then you can decide if it's worth it to upgrade the rest.

so i need to buy ssd to make my pc faster again??? or processor

Your cpu and gpu are decent.
The easy way to upgrade is to buy a 500gb(or 1tb) samsung 2.5" ssd.
I might suggest the samsung 1tb 870 QVO at $110
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-1tb-870-qvo-series/p/N82E16820147781?quicklink=true
At least 500gb.
Run the samsung ssd migration app to copy your C drive to the ssd.
This may take an hour or two.
Here is a link to the app and instructions:

When done, remove the old HDD and boot.

Yes, there are cheaper options, but samsung ssd devices will be faster and more reliable.
With cheaper devices you will need to know how to use clone utilities.
A clone is a bit for bit copy.

Oct 9, 2021
Your cpu and gpu are decent.
The easy way to upgrade is to buy a 500gb(or 1tb) samsung 2.5" ssd.
I might suggest the samsung 1tb 870 QVO at $110
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-1tb-870-qvo-series/p/N82E16820147781?quicklink=true
At least 500gb.
Run the samsung ssd migration app to copy your C drive to the ssd.
This may take an hour or two.
Here is a link to the app and instructions:

When done, remove the old HDD and boot.

Yes, there are cheaper options, but samsung ssd devices will be faster and more reliable.
With cheaper devices you will need to know how to use clone utilities.
A clone is a bit for bit copy.
ok buttt, where should i put SSD on an old pc case... it's an office case i guess it's like a 2010 pc case i forget when i bought it