Which GPU to plug each monitor into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptonium76

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Ok, so i plan on getting dual 7970's and triple displays in eyefinity.

Do i plug all the monitors into one card? Or two in one, and one in the other?

I hope i made it clear enough for everyone, i'm not too good at explaining things.

I've never done this sort of thing and there seems to be a lot of nice people here :)

Solution
if you are using it in ganging eyefinity mode, i believe that it must be 1 card. If its normal eyefinity, it can be any card. only requirement for amd cards is that one of the monitors after the 2nd one must be connected using display port or mini-display port(or an active display port convertor) in exception to sapphire flex cards, which were designed with that technology built in.
if you are using it in ganging eyefinity mode, i believe that it must be 1 card. If its normal eyefinity, it can be any card. only requirement for amd cards is that one of the monitors after the 2nd one must be connected using display port or mini-display port(or an active display port convertor) in exception to sapphire flex cards, which were designed with that technology built in.

Solution

cryptonium76

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
So i should just plug them all into the top card, while using at least one display port?
So could i use a different connector, with a display port converter and be fine?

EDIT: I did a little more research, and while the info on this thread was very helpful, other sources topped it off! Thanks guys, seeya around!

Status
Not open for further replies.