Question Which GPU would fit?

Feb 14, 2019
Hi guys!

So im planning to build my own pc for first time. I have been doing a research a lot everyday. Since im carefull and want to make good choices as possible.

So im planning to get:
Ryzen 2600
B450 pro carbon ac
2x8 gb RAM (probably corsair vengeance)

I mostly play games like:

Leage of legends
Rainbow six siege
Pubg
Cs go
Overwatch

And now im struggling finding the right GPU for this games. I want it to run with high fps on an 144 hz freesync monitor.

I was thinking about the RX 580, RX 590, RX Vega 56. Which one should i take and which model and why? Just the games i listed here and maybe more so not heavy games i guess. Any suggestion (also CPU, RAM, Mobo etc.) would be appreciated. Thanks! (Sorry for my english.)

hutchl

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
Vega 56 or a RTX 2060 are the best choices. RX580 and RX590 are going to struggle to keep you at 144fps to actually take advantage of a 144hz monitor. I think your CPU, RAM, and Mobo choices are fine.

Reactions: Ems1661
Feb 14, 2019
Vega 56 or a RTX 2060 are the best choices. RX580 and RX590 are going to struggle to keep you at 144fps to actually take advantage of a 144hz monitor. I think your CPU, RAM, and Mobo choices are fine.

And do you know which one would be good? Ive found msi vega 56 air boost priced 2360 TRY which is somewhere at 480$. Is it worth it?

The RX580 is a really good value card for 1080p, but it is probably not going to get you reliably high frame rates in the 100+ FPS range on a 144Hz screen. And the RX 590 is not worth the added cost over an RX 580 in my opinion, seeing as it tends to only be around 5-10% faster. Vega 56 might be pretty decent for that, but tends to be a bit power hungry, and in turn is more likely to produce more heat and be noisier than some competing cards.

I think the RTX 2060 would probably be your best option without spending a lot more. In terms of performance, it should be more similar to a GTX 1070 Ti or Vega 64. And there's those new hardware features like raytracing that might potentially be useful in the future, even if they are not really utilized much yet.

As for FreeSync, Nvidia actually finally got around to adding support for displayport adaptive sync just some weeks back, so as long as the monitor supports FreeSync over a displayport connection (not HDMI), adaptive sync should work. You might want to check user reviews and verify that adaptive sync is working for Nvidia cards with the screen in question, but from what I've heard, most screens should work. What monitor do you have, or are looking at purchasing?

Reactions: Ems1661
Feb 14, 2019
The RX580 is a really good value card for 1080p, but it is probably not going to get you reliably high frame rates in the 100+ FPS range on a 144Hz screen. And the RX 590 is not worth the added cost over an RX 580 in my opinion, seeing as it tends to only be around 5-10% faster. Vega 56 might be pretty decent for that, but tends to be a bit power hungry, and in turn is more likely to produce more heat and be noisier than some competing cards.

I think the RTX 2060 would probably be your best option without spending a lot more. In terms of performance, it should be more similar to a GTX 1070 Ti or Vega 64. And there's those new hardware features like raytracing that might potentially be useful in the future, even if they are not really utilized much yet.

As for FreeSync, Nvidia actually finally got around to adding support for displayport adaptive sync just some weeks back, so as long as the monitor supports FreeSync over a displayport connection (not HDMI), adaptive sync should work. You might want to check user reviews and verify that adaptive sync is working for Nvidia cards with the screen in question, but from what I've heard, most screens should work. What monitor do you have, or are looking at purchasing?
Thanks for your response. Im a little bit on budget too but if i have to i can pay some extra money if its that worth. Didnt look for monitor yet enough if it has 144 hz with 1440p. Which Rtx 2060 model would you recomend?

Yeah, having looked at the pricing of cards on that site, Vega 56 might be a better value in your region. Around here, Vega 56 is currently priced higher than an RTX 2060, which doesn't make it such a good option. Where you are, it seems the 2060 is priced higher though. I agree with the suggestion for paying a little more for a card with a larger multi-fan cooler though, as a single-fan blower cooler will likely make a lot more noise, and might struggle to maintain the card's full boost clocks.

Feb 14, 2019
Yeah, having looked at the pricing of cards on that site, Vega 56 might be a better value in your region. Around here, Vega 56 is currently priced higher than an RTX 2060, which doesn't make it such a good option. Where you are, it seems the 2060 is priced higher though. I agree with the suggestion for paying a little more for a card with a larger multi-fan cooler though, as a single-fan blower cooler will likely make a lot more noise, and might struggle to maintain the card's full boost clocks.
Tought the RTX 2060 is a little more expensive every region. But if it has better cooling fan and performance why not?

A vega 56 is actually faster than a 2060, save your money get a V56.
All the reviews I've seen have generally shown the 2060 as performing in between Vega 56 and 64, so the 2060 should be a little bit faster, at least at stock settings. Overclocked, it's possible that Vega 56 could pull ahead, though I haven't really looked much into how the 2060 overclocks. In general, both cards should offer a fairly similar level of performance though, so it's probably not worth paying significantly more for one over the other. At least at online stores in the US, the price of Vega 56 is currently higher than the RTX 2060, though the opposite seems to be true over there.

Feb 14, 2019
All the reviews I've seen have generally shown the 2060 as performing in between Vega 56 and 64, so the 2060 should be a little bit faster, at least at stock settings. Overclocked, it's possible that Vega 56 could pull ahead, though I haven't really looked much into how the 2060 overclocks. In general, both cards should offer a fairly similar level of performance though, so it's probably not worth paying significantly more for one over the other. At least at online stores in the US, the price of Vega 56 is currently higher than the RTX 2060, though the opposite seems to be true over there.
What ive seen in some videos or forum is some games runs at more fps than the 2060s but some games also has more fps than the vega 56s. So maybe i dont see any better to pay more as you said. But in my country the vega 56s are little cheaper which suprises me. Might go for the 56s. Any other suggestion would be good. Im planning to play most games at 1440p running above 60fps.

hutchl

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
its less about the fans and more about the style. The Sapphire with 3 fans is an open air cooler. Meaning it pushes the hot air into your case. The MSI is blower style meaning is exhausts the hot air out the back of the card. Both are fine. I generally prefer open air cards. But ive had blowers and they work fine too. The MSI card will not let you down.