Question Which laptop do you suggest Xps 15 vs Vostro 15 vs Asus k570?

Matt255

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
I am currently looking for a laptop mainly for school but also so video editing and play apex legends, borderlands on the weekends. However I have a concern when it comes to temps and build quality especially since I live in Jamaica so it is hard to get repairs done locally and my Max budget is 1100.

I had an Asus vivibook n580vd but the hinge completely snapped on me and my warranty finished so I am looking at a new laptop. Currently in terms of specs and price the Asus is looking the most appealing to me but I feel if I could find another i5 and 1050ti xps on sell outlet I would take but there are none at the moment.

Asus:
ASUS VivoBook K570UD 15.6" Laptop, Intel Core i7-8550U, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB, 16GB DDR4, FHD Display, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Fingerprint Sensor, Backlit keyboard, K570UD-ES76 Casual Gaming Laptop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B2DTYFX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_yDgBDbMF6RTMX

Dell:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/sho...all-business-laptop/spd/vostro-15-7590-laptop

XPS: sold out yesterday , gotta cross my finger and hope I get lucky

Sagar_20

Distinguished
BANNED
Both offer amazing value for their price.

If you can afford, get the Dell XPS 15.

Both are incredibly light for a 15.6 inch gaming laptop but Dell XPS 15 is superior.

If you could find it's GTX 1050 Ti model for a good price, that would be the best case scenario, otherwise Asus K570UD should be fine. It comes with a numpad, unlike the Dell XPS 15.

Some of the reviews about it suggest that internet may not work right out of the box and you can fix that by simply updating your wifi drivers.

Matt255

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
Both offer amazing value for their price.

If you can afford, get the Dell XPS 15.

Both are incredibly light for a 15.6 inch gaming laptop but Dell XPS 15 is superior.

If you could find it's GTX 1050 Ti model for a good price, that would be the best case scenario, otherwise Asus K570UD should be fine. It comes with a numpad, unlike the Dell XPS 15.

Some of the reviews about it suggest that internet may not work right out of the box and you can fix that by simply updating your wifi drivers.
What do you think about getting the 9575 instead as I found one on sell outlet for around 900 and the amd gpu is in-between a 1050 and 1050 ti. I would just have to struggle to find drivers

Sagar_20

Distinguished
BANNED
Last edited:

Matt255

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
Seeing as the Spectre is way more expensive compared to refurbished Dell plus it's the i5 and 1080p version so battery should be fine just sucks that I'll be stuck with 8gb ram, I may go that route hopefully they don't sell out. I already missed the i7 but the I5 should be fine. Mine only concern know is that it comes with a 128gb Sara but i should be able to replace that with an nvme right?

Latest posts