[SOLVED] Which M.2 Keys are compatible with which sockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voideryn

Prominent
May 4, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've been looking all over the internet, but I just can't seem to find any information on M.2 Key compatability. To give context on the situation, I currently need to replace a broken wifi card on an Asus ROG Strix GL703GE laptop. The current wifi card inside the system is an Intel 9560NGW, which appears to be Key E. Because this wifi card doesn't seem to be as popular, its been harder to find a place to buy a reliable replacement for this exact model online, and so I was considering upgrading to a better wifi card instead that is more widely available. When I've been doing research on good M.2 Wifi Cards however, it seems most of them are Key A/E. Will a Key A/E Wifi Card be compatible with (what I presume to be) my laptop's Key E socket? I'm not all too familiar on the specifics of M.2 slots, and so I'm not sure if this is a stupid simple question or what, but I haven't been able to find a scrap of information about Key compatability online. If anyone who knows a bit more about M.2 Slots could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! If someone could also explain or link to a good resource that explains which M.2 Keys are compatible with which M.2 slots (whether for SSD's or Wifi Cards), that would be awesome as well.

Thanks guys!

Voideryn

Prominent
May 4, 2019
Thanks for this! What other requirements would I have to check to make sure the card is compatible with my laptop? From what I assume, generally most wifi cards will work with most systems as long as they've been designed for the OS I'm using and my motherboard has the proper slot for it, unless its like something really old or outdated that doesn't support current technologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.