Question Which Mini ITX case has the best thermal temperatures?

Apr 15, 2019
The system I am currently running is starting to feel clunky already (I have an Intel 4770k with a GTX 970) and I have been running this system for several years now, it served me well... but the mistake I made was that I purchased an ATX Super Tower (Corsair Obsidian 900D) for this system thinking that I was going to do water cooling but I ended up never doing water cooling and just sticking to air cooling so this time around I want something that is more compact that I can play games on and that wont take up too much space without sacrificing thermal temperatures for the components inside the case while gaming

I want to be able to run at least a GTX 1080 or a GTX 2070 graphics card on the case and get decent temperatures, is there any Mini ITX case that can do that with good temperatures or would I have to go for a larger case? Im also thinking of switching from Intel to AMD for the CPU this time (im eager to try Ryzen).

WildCard999

Titan
The Metallic Gear NEO is a nice ITX case but requires additional fans to maximize cooling performance (I'd go Be Quiet Pure 2 120mm if you don't want RGB) and a fan hub as most ITX boards only have like 1, maybe 2 chassis fan connectors.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Case: Metallic Gear - NEO MINI Mini ITX Tower Case ($76.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $76.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-15 03:12 EDT-0400

The 4770K is still a excellent CPU but if you want to try Ryzen wait a couple of months for the 3rd gen to release (rumor early July) as there's more cores/threads but more importantly better single core performance and higher clock speeds.

May 22, 2019
What did you end up getting? I've been looking at SM550s. Aesthetically it's not my preference, but if its thermals are that much better, I'll probably lean that way.

Apr 15, 2019
What did you end up getting? I've been looking at SM550s. Aesthetically it's not my preference, but if its thermals are that much better, I'll probably lean that way.

Since the new Ryzen chips come out on 07/07/2019 and they require new motherboards that support higher voltages I decided to hold off and see how big the CPU cooler will be on the new Ryzen chips, I also heard rumors (From Linus Tech Tips) that the new motherboards run hotter and require fans to cool the motherboard but it has PCI-E 4.0 instead of 3.0 and several other upgrades.

TRENDING THREADS