Which monitor to choose

timmyshard9times

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Hi, I'm in process of choosing a budget 1k resolution monitor for my desktop, I'm looking for 23-24". I will mainly use this monitor for gaming, watching movies and typing words for about 4-12 hours during weekend. here's the list:

IPS with anti glare display
AOC I2369VM
ASUS VX239H / MX239H

VA monitor
BENQ EW2440

TN monitor
GL2450
GL2460HM
RL2455HM

My current GPU is Radeon Sapphire HD 7950, Im still waiting for gtx 980 to drop price, or next release.

The reason I include IPS, because I have never own an IPS monitor display. and I'm interested in the viewing angle, and the color I think that it would improve my gaming and movie watching experience, the cons are they have 5ms response time, and built in speaker which i don't need.

and TN monitor because they have low response rate except for GL2450(cheapest) and is only good for gaming. and games are fun.. sometimes movies are too.

now I'm stuck on which one to choose, between:
IPS anti glare colorful display with wide viewing angle.
or
TN faster response rate.

or you guys could recommend other monitor. for the price, I use pcpartpicker, newegg or amazon as reference.

thanks!

timmyshard9times

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
what do you think about va type panels : http://www.benq.com.my/product/monitor/ew2440l/specifications/

it's faster than ips, and also good viewing angle. but not as fast or crisp as the other.

also do you think its a good choice, especially the response time. it says Response Time(Tr+Tf) typ. 12ms, 4ms (GtG)
what is the actual response time? varies from 4ms up to 12ms?