Question Which monitor would be suitable for my needs?

Tic.Tac.

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
Hello everyone!

I am looking for a monitor with the following features:

-1080p resolution

-27 inch display

-75 Hz refresh rate

-IPS led technology

-vesa compatibility

-good colour accuracy

I am going to use it mostly for gaming, photo editing and web browsing. I am not a professional photo editor, but I would still like decent colour accuracy.

Can you give me any recommendations on which monitor would be suitable for my needs. And what do you think about size? Would 27 inch size at 1080p bring enough pixel density for editing photos?
Should I go for 24 inch monitor in that case?

What do you think about LG 27MP68vq?

Thank you in advance!

daalsat

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018
I would go for BenQ monitors. They might not fulfill all your needs perfectly, but they do a very good job at everything for a reasonable price.

I'd recommend the BenQ GW2780, $175 on Amazon. IPS, 27 inch, FHD, 60hz, vesa and decent colors.

You will be lacking your 75hz on that one. Personally, I don't see much sense in buying 75hz because it's only slightly more than the common 60hz and far from conventional 144hz/240hz that professional gamers would use. If high refresh rate gaming was your primary use, you could take a look at the BenQ XL series.

If you have a 24 inch FHD monitor, you should have a good idea of that pixel density. You can see pixels from a decent distance. Going for 27 inch instead will increase that (slightly). For 27 inch and your purposes, a WQHD monitor wouldn't be the worst idea. But that would make it harder to find a 75hz one. If that's not the most important thing for you, take a look at the BenQ GW2765ht, which is WQHD and IPS. For professional photo editing, I'd go for higher resolutions even at 24 inch.

I don't know much about LG monitors, but yours will certainly do fine and if you think that it has everything you need, go ahead.
As far as I can see, it starts at $250, which is more than I'd pay for it.

Keep all that in mind when deciding.

Tic.Tac.

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
I would go for BenQ monitors. They might not fulfill all your needs perfectly, but they do a very good job at everything for a reasonable price.

I'd recommend the BenQ GW2780, $175 on Amazon. IPS, 27 inch, FHD, 60hz, vesa and decent colors.

You will be lacking your 75hz on that one. Personally, I don't see much sense in buying 75hz because it's only slightly more than the common 60hz and far from conventional 144hz/240hz that professional gamers would use. If high refresh rate gaming was your primary use, you could take a look at the BenQ XL series.

If you have a 24 inch FHD monitor, you should have a good idea of that pixel density. You can see pixels from a decent distance. Going for 27 inch instead will increase that (slightly). For 27 inch and your purposes, a WQHD monitor wouldn't be the worst idea. But that would make it harder to find a 75hz one. If that's not the most important thing for you, take a look at the BenQ GW2765ht, which is WQHD and IPS. For professional photo editing, I'd go for higher resolutions even at 24 inch.

I don't know much about LG monitors, but yours will certainly do fine and if you think that it has everything you need, go ahead.
As far as I can see, it starts at $250, which is more than I'd pay for it.

Keep all that in mind when deciding.
Thank you for quick response. I will take your advice into consideration.

Tic.Tac.

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
@daalsat I decided to go for 27 inch 1440p monitor. The BenQ GW2765ht you mentioned looks great, but for me a cheaper alternative would be AOC Q27P1.
What do you think about that one? Any opinions?

I also found Acer B277Ubmiipprzx which is a bit more expensive, but it seems perfect for me.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: