[SOLVED] Which Nvidia folders are safe to delete for free up space?

eziowar

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2015
Hi, my os- Win10, gpu- gtx 1050ti. My nvidia driver is installed on my ssd which has os. now there's lots of nvidia folders which taking lots of space on SSD - C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA(6GB only storing logs); C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation(2GB); C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation(440MB); C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation(281MB); C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\NVIDIA(210MB) ; C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation(110MB);
now the driver which i download from nvidia site is like only of 400-500MB size. So how can it eat like 10-11 GB of my ssd? so Which Nvidia folders are safe to delete for free up space?

Solution
First download the newest Nvidia drivers for your card and DDU.
Run DDU in safe mode and remove all Nvidia drivers, you can run it for AMD as well if you have ever had a AMD gpu in your sytem.
Reboot and install the latest Nvidia driver you downloaded before.

If you've had Nvidia cards or upgraded from different series of cards and just keep installing new drivers the folders will grow. This is why its recommended to use DDU to remove any of the old drivers before switching cards. I try to run it at least twice a year even if im not switching cards just to remove older drivers. Doing a search on my computer C:/ drive for anything nvidia only pulls up 1.2GB
First download the newest Nvidia drivers for your card and DDU.
Run DDU in safe mode and remove all Nvidia drivers, you can run it for AMD as well if you have ever had a AMD gpu in your sytem.
Reboot and install the latest Nvidia driver you downloaded before.

If you've had Nvidia cards or upgraded from different series of cards and just keep installing new drivers the folders will grow. This is why its recommended to use DDU to remove any of the old drivers before switching cards. I try to run it at least twice a year even if im not switching cards just to remove older drivers. Doing a search on my computer C:/ drive for anything nvidia only pulls up 1.2GB

Solution