[SOLVED] Which NVme is better for the price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleks.T

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
Hello!
Im using a ASrock b450 steel legend MOBO and im wondering which ssd is better(i am coping and pasting the whole names of the ssds with the price at the end):
-ADATA XPG SX8100 512GB M.2 ASX8100NP-512GT-C (136 BGN=77USD)
-Silicon Power A80 512GB M2 SP512GBP34A80M28 (151 BGN=86)
-Im not sure about this one becouse of the price- Western Digital SN550 Blue 500GB WDS500G2B0C (178BGN=100USD)
-Im not sure about this one eather becouse of the price- Corsair Force MP510 480GB M2 CSSD-F480GBMP510(174BGN=99USD)

Ty for reading and helping <3

Solution
If you are on a tight budget, the ADATA is a decent low price model with a 5 year warranty and a DRAM cache buffer. While perhaps not the fastest, it is plenty fast so that only a benchmark will note differences, not real life use.

The WD Blue also has a 5 year warranty but lacks a DRAM cache and costs more.

The Corsair Force is IMO the best of the four, but probably not worth the extra $22 for your use.

The Silicon Power is the only one of the four with only a 3 year warranty.

RealBeast

Titan
If you are on a tight budget, the ADATA is a decent low price model with a 5 year warranty and a DRAM cache buffer. While perhaps not the fastest, it is plenty fast so that only a benchmark will note differences, not real life use.

The Corsair Force is IMO the best of the four, but probably not worth the extra $22 for your use.

Solution

Aleks.T

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019

Despite the 3 year warranty is it a good SSD?

RealBeast

Titan
Despite the 3 year warranty is it a good SSD?
Apparently, the first source that I read was incorrect -- it does have a 5 year warranty. Reviews are generally good, although I have never used that brand. With SSDs if they last a week they generally last a long time. I still have an old Intel X25-M running. THIS review sounds fairly good and these guys are not easy on reviews.

Reactions: Aleks.T

Aleks.T

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
Apparently, the first source that I read was incorrect -- it does have a 5 year warranty. Reviews are generally good, although I have never used that brand. With SSDs if they last a week they generally last a long time. I still have an old Intel X25-M running. THIS review sounds fairly good and these guys are not easy on reviews.
Thenks man <3 I also heared that SSD speeds arnt as diferent as they say, i think Linus did a vid on it and he put different ssds and people didnt find a diferance

RealBeast

Titan
Thenks man <3 I also heared that SSD speeds arnt as diferent as they say, i think Linus did a vid on it and he put different ssds and people didnt find a diferance
I've used many dozens of models from my original Intel X25M when SSDs first came out to a Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB in my latest build and they are all fast, even the early Intel just smoked by previous boot disk (a 4 disk RAID zero on an Adaptec controller using 15K rpm Raptors). My 970 M.2 is sitting next to a EVO 850 SATA machine and I cannot tell any difference.

Benchmarks don't necessarily mean that you can tell a difference unless you are really stressing the disk with high IOPS and high Q depths like servers would generate.

Aleks.T

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
I've used many dozens of models from my original Intel X25M when SSDs first came out to a Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB in my latest build and they are all fast, even the early Intel just smoked by previous boot disk (a 4 disk RAID zero on an Adaptec controller using 15K rpm Raptors). My 970 M.2 is sitting next to a EVO 850 SATA machine and I cannot tell any difference.

Benchmarks don't necessarily mean that you can tell a difference unless you are really stressing the disk with high IOPS and high Q depths like servers would generate.
Wow.. thenks again.
Im gonna opt out for a m.2 drive upto 500GB so its stil in budget and some 2.5 inch, but dont know what it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.