Question which part is defective ??

Jul 11, 2024
hey i have bought my pc and started building it but in the end it didn't do any thing . power supply fans don't spin cpu cooler fans don't spin only the light of my board . i think it's a problem from the cpu but if it's from the cpu why the power supply doesn't spin. i took the power supply and jump started it and it works and put it on an old board and the board works (i didn't test the cpu on the same board because it was old & incompatible) . and here is why i'm doing this thread . i tested the cpu (b460m) with different psu and it didn't work but when i tested the psu on the recent build the psu didn't work (fans didn't spin) . so the cpu is dead i know that but what about the psu we can jump start it . it even worked on a board just didn't work on mine (b450m-k ii) and the other board . i'm really confused

cpu : ryzen 5600 (dead probably)
psu : evga 600 br (maybe)
board : asus b450m-k ii (it gives light so i think it's ok i even did a bios flash back update)

and yeah i did all the troubelshooting stuff took my board out of the case put only essential stuff ram cpu gpu and psu cables and tried to jump start from the board (touched pwr sw) but it acts like dead .

what's my situation now should i take the psu to the computer center and check it again i'm really confused of my situation right now

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Which slots are the rams populating on the board?

USAFRet

Titan
Start here: