[SOLVED] Which PSU should I keep ?

tek3195

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
I have two Rosewill units to choose from, one being Photon 550 and the other is PMG550. I purchased the Photon and had trouble getting a replacement cable so Rosewill sent the PMG550 at my request. PMG has two PCI-e connections at psu end although it only ships with one cable and still have to use split cable for two connections. I haven't been able to find oem with 100% certainty but believe the PMG is Hung Hing Electronics and the Photon is Sirtec. Photon has Rubycon and KZE caps and the PMG has Teapo caps. I'm sure neither is ideal but which one should I keep out of the two ?

Solution
You should keep the Photon as it is tried and tested...

Nor sure whether the PMG is even tested anywhere.

Solution

tek3195

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021

That's what I believe I will do. Thanks for the input. The PMG Series must be a rename of something because the UL listing is from 2011 or 2012 but couldn't find a way of getting certification letter without paying $30 for an account. I don't do any gaming so GPU will not be getting much of a workout. Will I be ok running a GTX 970 from one cable split to 1x8-pin & 1x6-pin ?

That's what I believe I will do. Thanks for the input. The PMG Series must be a rename of something because the UL listing is from 2011 or 2012 but couldn't find a way of getting certification letter without paying $30 for an account. I don't do any gaming so GPU will not be getting much of a workout. Will I be ok running a GTX 970 from one cable split to 1x8-pin & 1x6-pin ?
That'd be OK if you are running a relatively low power card like the 970.

Reactions: Hellfire13

TRENDING THREADS