Question Which route do I take?

Jan 3, 2022
Which One's Better? Intel Xeon 1230 V2 + GTX 1050 TI / Ryzen 5 5600G APU?
I am in kind of a dilemma to choose between these two for my low budget gaming PC. Can anyone's help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're comparing a near decade old processor with one that's recently released. I'd pick the APU since it's more power efficient...though we have no clue what sort of tasks your system will be taxed with. If for merely gaming, mention the titles without an etc.

Side note, a system is built around more than 1 or 2 components, please parse the specs to your proposed build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Jan 3, 2022
The Ryzen will be the stronger performer and is much more current. Especially if you add a dedicated GPU in the future.

The old socket 1155 based Xeon is a good rig, but getting rather long in the tooth (old).

That is also what i have been considered for the last 5 month tinkering about the build since the GPU prices are not good to build a pc. But since I have some work priorities to edit videos, I kinda need GPU but I need to accept the fact that i need to upgrade at least 4 parts in the future

Jan 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're comparing a near decade old processor with one that's recently released. I'd pick the APU since it's more power efficient...though we have no clue what sort of tasks your system will be taxed with. If for merely gaming, mention the titles without an etc.

Side note, a system is built around more than 1 or 2 components, please parse the specs to your proposed build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

CPU: Intel Xeon 1230 v2
Motherboard: Biostar B75MU3B
RAM: Hynix 8 GB DDR3 (2×)
SSD/HDD: V-Gen Platinum Sata 3 256 GB + Seagate Barracuda Green 3 TB (Sentinel HDD)
GPU: Colorful GeForce GTX 1050 TI
PSU: Antec Atom 550w 80+ Bronze
Chassis: Infinity Elysium V2

Side note for certain parts:

1. I pick Antec Atom PSU to press the budget and will upgrade it to a better PSU later after I got the PC built. Also Antec Atom is kinda popular from where i live
  2. I use sentinel HDD are for the same reason as the PSU
The main reason for this build is for gaming, live stream and editing (and self-learn about 3D Modelling a bit) and there is a YouTubers who recommend about the build (not as specific as the build I wrote above). I mostly played an E-Sports title but there are some AAA games that I would like to play (thanks to Epic Games). The titles are: Control, GTA V, For Honor, Rocket League, Valorant, Genshin Impact, Fall Guys, and Subnautica. I also wanted to learn to use Autodesk Fusion 360. And then a video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro.

Hope that helps

Exactly what parts do you now have?
Is it the list above?
For fast action gaming, the GTX1050ti is perhaps twice as capable as the5600G graphics.
Here is a list of graphics card capabilities:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

OTOH, the 5600G processor is much more capable than the Xeon.
But, you must also budget for a new motherboard and ddr4 ram.

The i5-11400 is probably the most comparable to the 5600g.

Unless your need is urgent, I would wait and see what the 12400 processor brings:
https://www.techpowerup.com/289923/intel-core-i5-12400-early-review-dubs-it-a-game-changer