which soft. to diagnose and repair?

My 1 yr old PC is starting to get some weird problems and I am looking for a
software to diagnose AND REPAIR the problems. Most software in the market just
diagnose and maybe provide some solutions to the problems. I am looking for a
software to diagnose and then repair the problems. Any suggestions? thanks.

jt

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:06:25 +0400, RayOfLight <RayOfLight@intnet.mu>
wrote:

>My 1 yr old PC is starting to get some weird problems and I am looking for a
>software to diagnose AND REPAIR the problems. Most software in the market just
>diagnose and maybe provide some solutions to the problems. I am looking for a
>software to diagnose and then repair the problems. Any suggestions? thanks.

It is not realistic to expect the software to "repair" the problem. If it
is a hardware problem (which is what most diagnostic software tests for),
you will not be able to have the program replace the defective part (at
least not until we get self maintaining robotic systems).

If it is a software problem then you either have some malware (virus,
trojan, spyware) which is frequently fixable by the detection program
(other cases require manual editing or reinstallation) or a defective,
corrupted, program file that will need reinstallation from the original
installation source or the manufacturers web site. A diagnostic will help
you find the problem, but reallistically YOU will have to do some work to
fix the problem.

JT

"JT" wrote:
> RayOfLight wrote:
>
> >My 1 yr old PC is starting to get some weird problems and I am looking for a
> >software to diagnose AND REPAIR the problems. Most software in the market just
> >diagnose and maybe provide some solutions to the problems. I am looking for a
> >software to diagnose and then repair the problems. Any suggestions? thanks.
>
> It is not realistic to expect the software to "repair" the problem. If it
> is a hardware problem (which is what most diagnostic software tests for),
> you will not be able to have the program replace the defective part (at
> least not until we get self maintaining robotic systems).
>
> If it is a software problem then you either have some malware (virus,
> trojan, spyware) which is frequently fixable by the detection program
> (other cases require manual editing or reinstallation) or a defective,
> corrupted, program file that will need reinstallation from the original
> installation source or the manufacturers web site. A diagnostic will help
> you find the problem, but reallistically YOU will have to do some work to
> fix the problem.

ISTR some software from one of the national ISP's (aol?) that claimed it could diagnose and fix problems,
but I haven't seen it advertised in a long while. I'm guessing something like that would have a tendency
to possibly "fix" things that weren't broken, leading to, well, something actually *getting* broken (at
least software wise).

Jon

<RayOfLight@intnet.mu> wrote:

>My 1 yr old PC is starting to get some weird problems and I am looking for a
>software to diagnose AND REPAIR the problems. Most software in the market just
>diagnose and maybe provide some solutions to the problems. I am looking for a
>software to diagnose and then repair the problems. Any suggestions? thanks.

This is a hardware newsgroup.
_IF_ you had a problem that software can cure, then it's a
software problem too, you'd be better able to find answers to
software issues in a corresponding (per that problem software)
newsgroup.

Perhaps if you started from the beginning with a brief but
complete list of system components, the problem, age of system,
changes made prior to problem, etc, we can go from there.

You might want to try Symantec's "Norton Utilities".

--
DaveW

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 23:16:35 GMT, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

>You might want to try Symantec's "Norton Utilities".

I got the culprit!!! It was Zonealarm security suite!! Did not expect Zonelabs
to release buggy software. But they did! Uninstalled it and now everything ok! I
am now using Zonealarm 4.5 as firewall and everything's fine.

Thanks guys.