[SOLVED] Which SSD to buy?

ak195

Distinguished
Need your suggestion which SSD to buy only for Windows and some software, but I'm budget limited.
Had a bad experience with Adata SU650 specially

Now I have fallowing options:
Gigabyte SSD 120GB
WD Green SSD 120GB
Lexar NS100 SSD 128GB
Samsung 870 EVO 250GB

I know Samsung Evo is best one here in list but I need 120/128GB size SATA SSD only, What's your suggestions

Solution
I have read a post earlier here that someone had a WD (Western Digital) SSD and that he needed to install drivers for it.
I would avoid SSDs that need drivers in general. I can't fathom how you can possibly use them as a boot drive, try to get a SSD that is plug and play as much as possible.

Also keep in mind that some SSDs suffer a brick bug that may need an update/flashing of their firmware after X amount of hours have been used with them. This has plagued some SSDs such as HP and Intel SSDs.

Usually just stick with Samsung Evos for SSDs, I have them too and they are generally plug and play. I have found no brick bugs yet with them
I have read a post earlier here that someone had a WD (Western Digital) SSD and that he needed to install drivers for it.
I would avoid SSDs that need drivers in general. I can't fathom how you can possibly use them as a boot drive, try to get a SSD that is plug and play as much as possible.

Also keep in mind that some SSDs suffer a brick bug that may need an update/flashing of their firmware after X amount of hours have been used with them. This has plagued some SSDs such as HP and Intel SSDs.

Usually just stick with Samsung Evos for SSDs, I have them too and they are generally plug and play. I have found no brick bugs yet with them

Reactions: ak195
Solution
If you can't find a Samsung 860 EVO or 870 EVO at decent price, the Crucial MX500 is either's equal, in my opinion; I've used 10-15 in assorted laptop upgrades over the last few years, and all have been problem free, and, are generally a tad less expensive than same size of Samsung drive!

I'd avoid the 120 GB SSDs at all costs, they are too small for Windows these days, requiring constant nitpicking over available space for applications, updates, etc...

With 500 GB Crucial MX500 at about $65, I'd start there...

Wow, 2400TBW.

That's 100 times my SSD.
Uhm.. the 250GB model only has 150TBW

TBW means how much data you can write until it starts acting up. It won't fail exactly after that amount of writes, but you can expect it to.

ak195

Distinguished
Uhm.. the 250GB model only has 150TBW

TBW means how much data you can write until it starts acting up. It won't fail exactly after that amount of writes, but you can expect it to.
150TBW is less as compared to some others SSDs, but still its not less specially for SSD of this size, and you will not store Games every new month.