[SOLVED] Who are your favorite Youtubers introducing graphics cards?

Solution
Linus Tech Tips has decent consumer focused reviews, but yes, they seem focus on a younger audience. Due to their success though, they are able to do very interesting projects and have access to big name partners. They also spend a lot of time and effort on server related hardware.

Jayztwocents is another consumer focused channel. They will get you a quick comparison. Channel focuses a lot on aesthetic builds, watercooling, and, of late, hardcore overclocking.

Gamer's Nexus will get you the most suitable technical information as a 'prosumer'. Most of what they cover is for a more technical audience, but they do a very thorough job with their comparisons. Also a focus on extreme overclocking from time to time. They also have ties to...
Well pretty much the best channels are well rounded (everything not only GPU's)
You can start with LinusTechTips (LTT), Linus has a lot of other channels...for news related articles (Techlinked) explaining basic and some a bit more nerdy stuff on channelsl like Techquickie - Shortcircuit.
The best channel ( for me ) for a bit more advanced tear down explaining and reviews (especially videocards) is GamerNexus.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Linus Tech Tips has decent consumer focused reviews, but yes, they seem focus on a younger audience. Due to their success though, they are able to do very interesting projects and have access to big name partners. They also spend a lot of time and effort on server related hardware.

Jayztwocents is another consumer focused channel. They will get you a quick comparison. Channel focuses a lot on aesthetic builds, watercooling, and, of late, hardcore overclocking.

Gamer's Nexus will get you the most suitable technical information as a 'prosumer'. Most of what they cover is for a more technical audience, but they do a very thorough job with their comparisons. Also a focus on extreme overclocking from time to time. They also have ties to Actually Hardcore Overclocking who does in depth GPU circuit board analysis.

Hardware Unboxed is also good, I like their case reviews.

There are a few other casual interest channels. Paul's Hardware, Bitwit, Dawid Does Tech Stuff. I would say Paul's is the most technically focused, but he does a lot of vlogging as opposed to serious hardware review. Various Canadian and Australian tech reviewers, who have a slightly different perspective.

Hardcore overclocking is covered by the German/English der8aurer, but he also produces useful information about temps/overclocking/performance. Bearded Hardware is another.

Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Steve at Gamers Nexus almost goes too far. He is VERY thorough.

I think my current faves are JTC and I really enjoy watching TechYesCity.
I like OZ Talks as well, his voice is audio Valium.
The guy from South Africa with the short hair moved to the US a while back due to a medical issue with their son, if it's the same guy I am thinking of. I even think he changed his channel name recently.
I like DawidDoesHardware too, the guy is genuine and funny.

If you are into Intel shills, Carey Holzman certainly knows his way around a good Intel build.

I am not going to lie I watch as many as I can find. YouTube tech channels have pretty much become my TV. I was sad when Awesome Hardware canned the channel for Thursday night debauchery.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
Steve at Gamers Nexus almost goes too far. He is VERY thorough.

I think my current faves are JTC and I really enjoy watching TechYesCity.
I like OZ Talks as well, his voice is audio Valium.
The guy from South Africa with the short hair moved to the US a while back due to a medical issue with their son, if it's the same guy I am thinking of. I even think he changed his channel name recently.
I like DawidDoesHardware too, the guy is genuine and funny.

If you are into Intel shills, Carey Holzman certainly knows his way around a good Intel build.

I am not going to lie I watch as many as I can find. YouTube tech channels have pretty much become my TV. I was sad when Awesome Hardware canned the channel for Thursday night debauchery.
I watch almost everything also, and agree that Steve (my name too) goes too far with graphs sometimes and it can get tedious.

Reactions: jiangc and punkncat

Colif

Win 11 Master
Linus Tech Tips
Techquickie
these two are mostly same people, not sure how that works. Linus appears all over the place.

I like Dawid as he is never serious about it, you never know what he will try next. For example, how will this 16x GPU cope with a 1x lane connection.

I don't watch these guys specifically for GPU info, i watch as many different sources as possible if I am buying something, not just the ones I always watch.

Reactions: Endre

Gamer's Nexus will get you the most suitable technical information as a 'prosumer'. Most of what they cover is for a more technical audience, but they do a very thorough job with their comparisons. Also a focus on extreme overclocking from time to time. They also have ties to Actually Hardcore Overclocking who does in depth GPU circuit board analysis.

Hardware Unboxed is also good, I like their case reviews.

There are a few other casual interest channels. Paul's Hardware, Bitwit, Dawid Does Tech Stuff. I would say Paul's is the most technically focused, but he does a lot of vlogging as opposed to serious hardware review. Various Canadian and Australian tech reviewers, who have a slightly different perspective.

Hardcore overclocking is covered by the German/English der8aurer, but he also produces useful information about temps/overclocking/performance. Bearded Hardware is another.

You may not believe this but I subscribe to them all and review each daily listening while programming.

There's also hardware cunnucks and wendle and level 1 techs. And tasty pc. Lauren is a sweatheart and does a good job. I mean truly good for a one person shop.

Hardware unboxed is slightly biased towards amd. They switched from intel to amd as the test bed platform when intel was still slightly faster at gaming. I mean I somewhat understand this as amd is the home builders choice for most. But when the nvidia scandal broke everyone was quick to defend hardware unboxed. And nvidia did screw up. But I saw the nvidia reviews and nvidia did have valid gripe points. The glossed over the significance of rt and dlss when comparing to amd.

For raw comparisons:
Pc testing (to look how hardware performs relative and is affected by things like cpu or ram speed)

For news and analysis I like:
Red gaming tech- with like paul and I hate him. He meanders at a slow pace and doesn't get to the point. He repeats a lot of the same stuff daily. You lose 90% of your audiences true focus in a little over 10 minutes. But he is always spot on and gets some of the best leaks.

Hot news - I just like him. He's a stand up guy, father, husband, and he's funny. Good news length.

Not an apple fan. I don't agree with him sometimes. He full of bullox, but he's refreshing. It's fun when he rants. Pro amd. But will slam them them when it's deserved.

Moore's law is professional and educated but he has a little bit of a defensive ego and it comes across. He's young though. So to be expected He has a lot of bias toward amd.

Gamers meld - now he's not anything special. He reviews news of the day like hot news. But he has a distinctive voice and he is accurate with his news. I like him. Length is good.

Graphically challenged is a new comer. He also reviews news. He is youthful and full of energy. Variations in his pacing and pitch help hold audience. Length is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ossi S