Who Has Fastest, Cheapest Internet in the World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
SSDs would sell a lot better if everyone had 1 gbps internet. If Comcast offers these speeds ever, we'll be able to use all 500 GB of cap space in a little over an hour.

G

So how is 18.7Mbps the fastest in the world if you can get 1Gbps in Hong kong???

G

22mbit/s here in Russia/Moscow for $30, 100mbit/s for $57
WiMAX up to 10.4mbit/s wireless for $30 per month anywhere in five largest cities

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
And for those who complain about speeds in the US, come to Australia where most areas only have up to 1.5mb at ridiculous prices (about $55USD for 20gb)

fflam

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
i wonder how much user choice lowers the speed totals. here in the greater Seattle area Comcast offers 12mb, 16mb, 22mb and 50mb internet connections. there are 2 competitors one quest offers a 1.5mb dsl, and the other is clear (WiFi) witch is around the same (though i think they are speeding up soon). there are still alot of people that go with the slower internet (at around the same price as Comcast mind you) for what ever reason (not arguing the reason they chose who they chose). so how much does that chose skew the results of the survey.

also i noticed on the akamai website, it shows the top speed for Redmond at 5mb, and there visual graph starts to top out at 2mb.. numbers just look screwy to me.

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]RazberyBandit[/nom]High school gamers! If you want a fast internet connection, enroll at Duke, Stanford, or Cal Berkeley and get your frag on![/citation]

You mean UNC Chapel Hill. Duke is in Durham, NC.

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
The Hong Kong speed is pretty useless unless you are surfing inside the island, since its all bottlenecked to a few lines outside of Hong Kong it really slows down once you try to do large transfers with US or EURO...

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
In the dorms at Michigan State I was getting around 25 down from the wall.

Was nice, especially once I moved off campus and had to get Comcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.