Question who manufactures my universal serial bus controller

hamoo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2014
asrock, fata1ity b450 itx/ac. literature says it has usb 3.1, but does not specify manufacturer. this is the thing: i can not get win 7 to recognize the usb controller. several online threads suggest making sure power management does not 'turn off' the device. it can not be turned off because it is 'not recognized'. now, it is entirely possible that whoever made this hardware did not also make a win 7 driver, but this has not been verified

asrock, fata1ity b450 itx/ac. literature says it has usb 3.1, but does not specify manufacturer. this is the thing: i can not get win 7 to recognize the usb controller. several online threads suggest making sure power management does not 'turn off' the device. it can not be turned off because it is 'not recognized'. now, it is entirely possible that whoever made this hardware did not also make a win 7 driver, but this has not been verified
I'm going to say AMD since USB ports are provided by both the CPU and the B450 chipset.

Please do note that Windows7 does not support modern computing platforms so installation isn't so straight-forward as Windows10.

The USB controller is part of the chipset, which is made by AMD. If you look under your device ID under the Device Manager, it will start with 1022, which are identifier numbers AMD uses for system devices. Windows 7 is an older OS and after some looking does not recognize USB 3.1 controllers without updates. AMD has a chipset driver for 64 bit Windows 7 here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

Definitely provided by the B450 chipset:

b450.png