Whoa Nelly... Pentium 3 Incompatability?? *!*

G

Whoa Nelly..

My neighbour has a Pentium 3 system and i was over there today since Napster is offline.. well mostly.

So i installed IMESH
and MY GOD!
Talk about errors and runtime errors!

It crashed and drained the resources like MADLY
I reintstalled and Major Errors..

It just did not like the PC,
So i thought it was a windows problem,
so i formatted and Reinstalled Windows 98
and BOOM
Same exact problems.

I have never seen this.

It works 100% fine on my Athlon.

Also..
My cousin who has a P3 as well
i asked him if it works on his and he told me he got a ton of errors and its messed..

Could this be a Pentium Incompatablity?

Or just a really crappy program?

Works fine on my Athlon and my friends Tbird

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Im going to say a really crappy program. If the program was designed only for 3D-Now FPU calls then trying to run the program on a P3 using 3D-Now calls and not having some kind of bug check that would make sure that the CPU supports 3D-Now would cause some major fuc|k ups. However this is just an assumption, I highly doubt that anyone would write such a program.

Somebody call Guinness. I'm about to go zero to drunk in <b>twenty dollars!</b>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what the f**k are you doing f**k'n up your neighbors pc for? If I were them I'd throw you down the basement and paint you blue then make you watch ALL of Intels commercials. :eek:

"AMD...you are the weakest link, good bye!"

G

There computer was messed meltdown

nothing i did, this program didnt work on 2 intel based pc's
so i thought id persue it

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Tbird - I think that the likely hood of Imesh exposing a PIII/AMD compatability issue is very small. It is not a big multimedia application, making serious low level calls to hardware, it is a badly written, flakey front ended file sharing tool. Period. If there is any incompatability it is in OS and Drivers, not hardware.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

BuGaLoU

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Yeah really... I seriosly doubt its incompatable, my reason being I use that program with out errors all the time on my p3. It just tkaes alot of effort to write software based on 21833123^3 possible hardware/drivers/OS setups, in this case little effort was put into this software...

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

G

k

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The problem lies in Windows, not the hardware. Without a doubt, system files (DLL's) are no longer current. Windows is notorious for overwriting required system files with older versions due to poorly written setup programs.

A complete reinstall (and reformat of the hard disk) of Windows will fix the "incompatibility".

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what the f**k are you doing f**k'n up your neighbors pc for? If I were them I'd throw you down the basement and paint you blue then make you watch ALL of Intels commercials
what, all 1 of them?

<A HREF="http://www.512productions.com/lobstermagnet/" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>