Zacny

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
Hello everyone.
I am thinking about upgrading the whole cooling of my PC (new case, gpu and cpu coolers + additional fans).
My current specs:
Case: Zalman Z11 plus (one fan is dead, and another one is dying i guess...)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x (with stock cooler)
motherboard: MSI MAG MORTAR B550M
Ram: GOODRAM 16gb irdm pro.
GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1080ti turbo.

Now my PC is loud as hell and temps are not that great.
I don't want to spent too much money on in so that's what i have found:
Case: p400a (It looks nice, and i have heard good reviews on it)
Fans: 5x arctic p12 pwm
Gpu cooler: I can't decide what to choose, Morpheus 2 or maybe accelero extreme III/IV?
Cpu cooler: No idea... maybe noctua (i saw used d15 for 250pln but it's gone i think), but which one? Aftermaket ones are not the problem for me, but I am aiming at something around 300pln (+-80usd).

I wan this PC to be quiet, buyt also have nice airflow. And honestly, I don't care about RGB.
I hope that you can help me guys :).

Sounds like you've got some solid ideas for a cooling upgrade.
If you're using the stock CPU cooler I bet that's 75% of your fan 'noise', Maybe start with that? You can't go wrong with one of the better Noctuas.

I had an excellent experience with replacing the stock blower on my old Vega 64 with a Morpheus Vega. See my post here for a heatsink placement tip. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/vega-64-issue.3552567/#post-21455631
Be sure to figure out where all the heatsinks are going BEFORE you start permanently sticking them.

Reactions: Herr B

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Arctic Accelero are pretty decent. Could also consider water cooling. G12 Kraken and and an Asetek compliant AIO.

Noctua D15 is pretty much the gold standard. Smaller NHU12S is also quite good.
be quiet! dark rock series are a nice alternative.
Some large coolers from Scythe like the Assassin.

Arctic P12 are really for radiators/heatsinks, you want to the F12 for airflow. You could also just use Phantek fans to match the included ones.

Chassis is fine, front mesh, rear exhaust

Hello everyone.
I am thinking about upgrading the whole cooling of my PC (new case, gpu and cpu coolers + additional fans).
My current specs:
Case: Zalman Z11 plus (one fan is dead, and another one is dying i guess...)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x (with stock cooler)
motherboard: MSI MAG MORTAR B550M
Ram: GOODRAM 16gb irdm pro.
GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1080ti turbo.

Now my PC is loud as hell and temps are not that great.
I don't want to spent too much money on in so that's what i have found:
Case: p400a (It looks nice, and i have heard good reviews on it)
Fans: 5x arctic p12 pwm
Gpu cooler: I can't decide what to choose, Morpheus 2 or maybe accelero extreme III/IV?
Cpu cooler: No idea... maybe noctua (i saw used d15 for 250pln but it's gone i think), but which one? Aftermaket ones are not the problem for me, but I am aiming at something around 300pln (+-80usd).

I wan this PC to be quiet, buyt also have nice airflow. And honestly, I don't care about RGB.
I hope that you can help me guys :).
I agree with the assessment that probably a lot of your noise is the CPU fan. Upgrading that is a good place to start. Since that is a 65W TDP CPU, it has a max 88W draw if you aren't over clocking. Going with a CPU cooler that can do 150W or more TDP is a good choice and a bit cheaper than a D15. For example the Be Quiet Shadow Rock 3 or Arctic eSports Duo are both ~190W TDP coolers and will be much quieter than you currently have. On top of that they will allow you plenty of thermal headroom if you decide to over clock.

Zacny

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
Sounds like you've got some solid ideas for a cooling upgrade.
If you're using the stock CPU cooler I bet that's 75% of your fan 'noise', Maybe start with that? You can't go wrong with one of the better Noctuas.

I had an excellent experience with replacing the stock blower on my old Vega 64 with a Morpheus Vega. See my post here for a heatsink placement tip. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/vega-64-issue.3552567/#post-21455631
Be sure to figure out where all the heatsinks are going BEFORE you start permanently sticking them.
I agree with the assessment that probably a lot of your noise is the CPU fan. Upgrading that is a good place to start. Since that is a 65W TDP CPU, it has a max 88W draw if you aren't over clocking. Going with a CPU cooler that can do 150W or more TDP is a good choice and a bit cheaper than a D15. For example the Be Quiet Shadow Rock 3 or Arctic eSports Duo are both ~190W TDP coolers and will be much quieter than you currently have. On top of that they will allow you plenty of thermal headroom if you decide to over clock.

I have to suprprise you, but the main problem isn't cpu fan, it's GPU cooler... Before ryzen i had i7 4790 with spartan pro, and it was still loud as hell. When i turned on the pc without the gpu, it was wayyy quieter.

Arctic Accelero are pretty decent. Could also consider water cooling. G12 Kraken and and an Asetek compliant AIO.

Noctua D15 is pretty much the gold standard. Smaller NHU12S is also quite good.
be quiet! dark rock series are a nice alternative.
Some large coolers from Scythe like the Assassin.

Arctic P12 are really for radiators/heatsinks, you want to the F12 for airflow. You could also just use Phantek fans to match the included ones.

Chassis is fine, front mesh, rear exhaust

I didn't knew about F12, i will chceck on these, thank you!
So, about GPU cooling, Which one is easier to install?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would say changing a GPU cooler is equally difficult amongst all of them. Remove stock shroud/cooler, clean GPU die, remove thermal pads/residue. Apply new thermal compound and thermal pads (if applicable), install the new cooler.

AIO means having a radiator dangling from the card, that can get slight inconvenient when handling.

Only downside to the Arctic Accelero Extreme IV is the length/height of it. Since the position of the GPU varies from card to card, it may be longer even than the physical dimensions when assembled.

Zacny

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
Sorry for taking a long time to respond. I have decided to go with p400a digital, beacouse it has more fans, than not rgb version, so i don't have to buy these arctics. And I think that i will choose accelero extreme III, beacouse it's smaller and much cheaper, than IV and morpheus with additional fans. What do you think about that? Maybe you know better pc case for that price?

Your current problem comes from a not very good case with poor airflow.

My advice is to go slow and do not fix a problem that you likely do not have.
The p400a is a very good case from the cooling point of view.
I would install a pair of 140mm front intakes.
140mm fans move more air quietly than the 120mm ones included.
Noctua makes some very good ones.
All of the front intake airflow will exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.
Move one of the 120mm fans to the rear as exhaust.
Mainly to direct the airflow over your cpu, motherboard, and graphics card.
Extra fans at the top will divert the cooling airflow up to the top and out of the case without doing any good.
See how this first step does for you.

I would hope that the better airflow will resolve your noise issues.

The graphics card fans will not have to spin up to keep the unit cool as will the stock cpu fan.

The next step might be to upgrade the cpu cooler if that is where the noise is coming from.
One of the best will be a noctua NH-D15s which will be virtually silent.

I also use a GTX1080ti FE which has a blower cooler.
I never notice the noise when under load.
So long as it can take in fresh air, the fan does the job.
Only as a last resort would I try to mod your gpu cooling.
But, once you start down the path to quiet computing, it seems that you will never get there.

Some other cases you might consider:
CM H500:
https://www.newegg.com/gunmetal-cooler-master-mastercase-h500-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811119350
Lian Li lancool mesh:
https://www.newegg.com/black-lian-li-lancool-atx-mid-tower/p/2AM-000Z-00063
Antec P101 silent:
https://www.newegg.com/black-antec-performance-series-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811129242

The case I use, CM HAF XB EVO:

Zacny

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
I don't want to buy everything at the same moment. First, I want to buy only a case, i have asked for other recommendations, beacouse i am afraid of dust in p400a :/. These cases that you showed to me are cool, but they are too expensive for me :/

TRENDING THREADS