Whould my motherboard look ugly in this case?

jim.sikberg

BANNED
Apr 26, 2018
Hello I want to upgrade to a better looking case and I wonder if my motherboard whould look ugly with these case?

motherboard: MS 7826 VER: 1.0
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) or Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case or anyother case with glass side panel.

The reason I dont upgrade my motherboard is beacause I have an i7 4770 proccesor and it is not compatible with most motherboards and I dont want to buy a new cpu.

Or I could just maybe buy a case with no glass side panel that still looks good?

Jwpanz

Honorable
The looks of a PC are completely subjective. While your motherboard is old with the green PCB and different colored slots all over it it should still be ok in the case. In reality, the only person to see it is you or, at least, most of the time. If you have other friends that are savvy with PC building and you’re worried about them judging your old hardware then perhaps go for something fully enclosed. Or you could be proud of your work and show it off! It’s all up to you.

On another note, if I had older hardware and I wanted a new case then I would get one with a glass panel. This means I could at least use it again later when I do buy newer and better looking hardware.

stdragon

Admirable

Yes, with what you have, IMHO the green MB doesn't look too hot with a black windows case. You might be able to offset that with an RGB heat-sink fan, but that's really pushing it.

If you want a windowed case, then I'd go with the NZXT - S340 (White). The NZXT - S340 (Black) will work fine however. Both preferred over the MasterBox.

That is a question that only you can answer. If you like the way it looks, then get the case with the glass panel. Personally I prefer the regular steel panels.

But if you are looking for the RGB light show, then you will need a new motherboard anyway.

benn

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Cant fathom the concept of spending $ on fluff unless you’ve got the best gear and still have money left to spend.
Anyhow, Fractal R6 cases are highly reviewed.
Windowed and non -windowed options

jim.sikberg

BANNED
Apr 26, 2018

Quick question, If I buy rgb lighting fans whould they be able to connect to my motherboard?