WHQL-certified GeForce 190.38 Drivers Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
New in Release 190.38

* Adds support for OpenGL 3.1
* Adds support for CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA Zone for more details.
* Adds a new user-controlled power management setting for select GeForce 9-series and later graphics cards (cards must already support more than one power state). This option allows users to set a performance level for each DirectX or OpenGL application.
* Includes several new control panel features and numerous bug fixes. More information can be found in the release documentation.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Will this release improve frames or performance at all? I would assume it would up to a point...

... anyone running into stability issues or anything?

Nice. I just downloaded their 186 driver the other night but haven't installed it yet. Was still using the Beta 185 for Win 7 64bit (which has been fine).

Will have to give this latest one a try tonight. :)

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
The 186.18 drivers have been working for me but all previous drivers screwed me over. I hope this 190.38 works but I think I'll wait to hear more about how it actually does.

marokero

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
I was having some graphic corruption and computer freezes when playing SF4, using 186.18. I tried the 190.38 when still in beta and no more problems. Insignificant improvements in SF4 benchmark, but at least the game doesn't freeze my computer anymore.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]marokero[/nom]I was having some graphic corruption and computer freezes when playing SF4, using 186.18. I tried the 190.38 when still in beta and no more problems. Insignificant improvements in SF4 benchmark, but at least the game doesn't freeze my computer anymore.[/citation]

What is SF4 - are you so pressed for time you can't write out the full title of a game? Yes, I could simply google it or just think a little harder and figure it out but seriously...GRRRRR! Ok, I feel much better now. :)

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
182.50 works for me the one that followed 182.50 said i had Vista 64bit so it would not install. I do have Vista 32bit. I hope this one works.

marokero

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]What is SF4 - are you so pressed for time you can't write out the full title of a game? Yes, I could simply google it or just think a little harder and figure it out but seriously...GRRRRR! Ok, I feel much better now.[/citation]

SF4 = Street Fighter 4. No stress :p

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]power saving that *works* ???[/citation]

I'm not sure if this is doable on Nvidia cards, but for my 4870 I use ATI Tray Tools in an awesome way. I use the 'auto overclock' feature with two profiles. I have my 'desktop' profile which is undervolted and heavily underclocked, I believe something like 350/400. Combined with the undervolt it eats much less juice (according to GPU-Z). It auto detects when I open a game and switches to my 'OC' profile, plays a little chime, and when I exit it goes back to 'desktop' and plays a little chime. Also you can add specific programs to be excluded that don't need it, like Diablo 2 or any older game.

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
I did just install the previous driver but hey I guess it's not too big a deal, it's not like ATI drivers where an uninstall then install is a necessity. (My x1950 pro kinda put me off as it ran way too hot - always go for a better cooler now).
I'm curious whether the adaptive and maximum power states will affect 3rd party manufacturer programs. My Gigabyte Zalman 8800gt oc uses the gamer hud for this very purpose and overclocks better than the existing nvidia tools as it supports the card's voltage setting. Would the nvidia drivers override those settings?

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Oh yes also English (UK) users, there's no point getting the international version just get the US version, it's smaller and installs just the same. Admittedly if you have a good connection it's fairly small difference but could be of some help to a capped connection watching the MBs.

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Well my comment still stands but it's not relevant for me as my card doesn't support the nvidia feature. Though given that if you overclock using gamerhud you have to disable the clock speed management feature I would think that as long as you set the maximum clock in gamerhud then enabled the clock down feature in the nvidia control panel it shoul work fine.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Cool.

The only reason I prefer Nvidia over ATi is:
a) Better UI. The ATi UI is absolute shit.
b) EVGA GTX 295 hydrocopper. Though Saphhire did produce a single card 2GB 4870...

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Nvidia really improved the driver install process. There was no reboot required after installing this driver, and it actually deleted the temporary files instead of keeping them in your c:\nvidia folder. Not to mention Street Fighter 4 actually works now. I ran into that dreaded nvlddmkm issue before I updated the driver...haven't seen that since the 8800gtx, I now have an Asus GTX280

captaintaco

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Ever since the 190.38 install my driver has been crashing in game, error message "The Display driver stopped working, windows has recovered from this error" or something along those lines. Running Vista 64, 2 GTX285's in SLI. Gonna try rolling back to the 186 whql.

captaintaco

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
sorry for my lack of correctness. The exact error message reads "The Display Driver stopped responding, and has recovered" This error freezes any game you are in.

G

AA and AF doesn't work with these drivers on my XFX 9600 GSO. Weird

G

"The Display driver stopped working, windows has recovered from this error" 190.38
gtx260 - I have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS