Question Why are my games crashing that use Unity and Unreal Engine ?

Dec 23, 2022
Hey all, I'm hoping to find help here. I've had these issues plague me for so long and have scoured the internet to find fixes, but none of them seem to help. I'm running out of ideas and this is one of my last ditch efforts to find some way to resolve the issue. It seems when I play any Unreal Engine or Unity game, my game crashes a bit later while playing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my graphic drivers and sound drivers, updating my bios, running sfc and a few other tune ups. I did get 2 of the errors from the UE crashes and they are-
For the first one Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000037

And Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0x00007ff700000000 for the second one. Any type of help would greatly be appreciated, here's my DxDiag for a bit of extra info if it'll help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p2gd24squvb1ix/DxDiag2.txt?dl=0

What platform are these games, i.e. Steam? If they are steam games have you verified the game files through the library? Access violation is a tough draw because there can be so many causes. I know you said you reinstalled gpu drivers. Did you use DDU uninstaller to completely remove the drivers? Are you using GeForce Experience? If so, try uninstalling and reinstalling drivers without installing Geforce Experience. I see you use Razer Chroma, you could try uninstalling those drivers. I had problem with those Razer apps. You could try going into device manager and going manually line by line to check for driver updates. A virus/malware check never hurts either. One more thing would be to unplug any items that are plugged into usb ports except for mouse and keyboard.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022
Hey, thank you for the reply! Both games are on steam but I've also had trouble with games off of steam as well. I did a memtest86 earlier this morning and everything came back good. I've verified files through steam as well, no fixes there. I used DDU to uninstall the drivers and I installed them clean as well, I don't actually update my drivers through Geforce anymore because I suspected it was the reason for crash but I don't think that way anymore. I think I do have Razer Chroma, but I don't use it, but I'll still uninstall those drivers for it. I just need the keyboard driver after all. I'll give the device manager thing a try as well, and a virus/malware check too.

Memtest is a good test but doesn't always find the culprit. I recommend using one stick of ram at a time and then try playing your games to see if the problem persists. If it does go on to the next stick. If problem persists with all sticks of ram then you can rule out the ram as your problem.