Question Why C# is so underrated ?

Jan 1, 2020
Hello guys . I'm a C# developer i started developing with C# because of Unity3d and overtime i realized that because of Xamarin i can actually build app for any device with a lot of options . but everywhere people are talking about Python , C++ and Javascript . i think a lot of it might be because of web development but again i feel like with the power that C# has it should take over the world . clearly there is something that I'm not aware of (maybe because I don't have much experience with other languages) what do you thing is the reason ?

There is big difference in the way C# and Python applications operate. C# apps are more or less self-contained, while Python require substantial infrastructure.

Another thing - its little known "secret" that a lot of C# apps run on Linux platforms using Mono, mainly as web apps. So, your skills are not "unneeded".

Ralston18

Titan
Reasons: economic/financial/profitable....

In other words any development language that makes coding faster and easier (i.e. cheaper) will trump a more powerful but slower and more expensive development language.

Rightly or wrongly, your skill set will need to keep up with what is in demand be it Python or whatever else arises.

Seconding @COLGeek.

USAFRet

Titan
Programming is a mindset, not a language.

I've done C#, C++, Ada, VBScript, JavaScript, Basic, VB, VB.Net, SQL, MySQL, and others I've forgotten in the sands of time (and beer).
If I had a current need for Ruby/Python/NoSQL/Rust/assembly...I'd do that.

Never stop learning.