[SOLVED] Why cant I acsess setting or my search bar?

Sep 8, 2019
I added a new SSD to my machine yesterday and it killed my system. Looks like the person I bought it off lied and it was actually new. It corrupted all my files on other drives and now I'm stuck with the clean up! I have done a full reset of my system minus the 'new' SSD and now windows 10 wont allow me to access settings or the search bar! I have tried nearly all solutions I can find to no avail! Can someone please help I have the flu and this is just an added extra I really don't need! :/

Solution
I would do a clean install then if the reset didn't work, its possible that the "new" ssd also corrupted the windows install files reset uses to reinstall win 10

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

anything on the drive C is on you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

once you copied anything over, unplug PC, unplug data cables of all drives except C
clean install on C - follow this guide...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would do a clean install then if the reset didn't work, its possible that the "new" ssd also corrupted the windows install files reset uses to reinstall win 10

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

anything on the drive C is on you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

once you copied anything over, unplug PC, unplug data cables of all drives except C
clean install on C - follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

once win 10 boots fine off C a few times, unplug PC & reattach the other hdd

Solution
Sep 8, 2019
This worked, thank you very much! My next problem is I can’t add this second SSD the drive is second hand plugging in the SATA3 cables alongside my boot SSD from start up it does windows 10 diagnosing issue... it won’t allow me to acsess the bios either I just get a black screen when holding or pressing the f12 key I have a gigabyte GA Z77 D3H... once started up with only the boot drive plugged in I can acsess the second SSD by connecting it via a SATA to USB connector although not from start up... I’ve tried disk management, reformatting this disk... no luck... any ideas?

Colif

Win 11 Master
After clean installing to fix PC after last time you put SSD in, I wouldn't let it anywhere near my PC. :)

hot plugging in a ssd while PC is running is probably not a good idea. I don't think that 2nd hand ssd is worth the effort.

might be able to get to bios through windows 10
try going to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now
this restart PC in a blue screen
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose UEFI Firmware Interface - this should load you into the bios

if menu isn't there, its because windows is installed as MBR, not GPT. IT would be different as Win 10 defaults to GPT and your motherboard supports it.

Sep 8, 2019
Thanks again, yeah it looks to be MBR then... so I’m sending this SSD back once I get my money back buying a factory new one should just be just a case of plugging in?