Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte B450M-DS3H
Zotac RTX 2060
G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16gb (2x8gb)
EVGA 500w Bronze 80+ PSU
XPG NVMe 512GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB

using windows 10 pro

So i recently built this computer, and ever since the start, my games have been crashing/ randomly closing. I've mostly only been able to test 2 games, Rainbow Six Siege and CSGO, but they both crash or close at random points in my gameplay, sometimes even on the main menu!
I've tried just about EVERYTHING. If you were to look up RS6 crash fix or CSGO crash fix, i've most likely done any solution you see posted. I'm hoping that someone on this site will be able to help me, as this has become a nuisance, thanks in advance.
(to describe how the crash or close happens, i will be either in game or on the main menu, and when it's a crash, Rainbow Six Siege will freeze for around 30 seconds, close and tell me there was a crash. sometimes when im on the main menu, RS6 will just close with no error. CSGO never really "crashes" annd rather just suddenly closes for no apparent reason)

(And yes, i have verified game files, reinsalled the game (both on ssd and hdd), reinstalled windows 10 home and pro, updated all my drivers, and so much more. It also is not an overheating issue or 100% utilization issue of any parts as i monitor those before, during, and after the crash)

Lutfij

Titan
I've tried just about EVERYTHING.
This is where you need to tell us exactly what you've tried so we're not repeating steps that didn't work for you.

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Mind telling us which BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? Also, to rule out a faulty/failing PSU, source a similar branded PSU with a 550W headroom(by borrowing from a friend or neighbor).

update the BIOS of the motherboard

check the RAM by the USB auto installer from memtest.org

check the SSD and HDD with its toolbox, if available update the firmware of it

did you install the latest nvidia.com driver?

Did you connect the 8pin and not only a 6pin PCIe power connector to the GPU?

BunnyK

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019
This is where you need to tell us exactly what you've tried so we're not repeating steps that didn't work for you.

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Mind telling us which BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? Also, to rule out a faulty/failing PSU, source a similar branded PSU with a 550W headroom(by borrowing from a friend or neighbor).
The second paragraph explains how the crash happens, and the third explains the main things that are recommended that i have tried but havent fixed the problem. i also mention the windows version i am using in the original post

BunnyK

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019
update the BIOS of the motherboard

check the RAM by the USB auto installer from memtest.org

check the SSD and HDD with its toolbox, if available update the firmware of it

did you install the latest nvidia.com driver?

Did you connect the 8pin and not only a 6pin PCIe power connector to the GPU?
i've done all what you said except memtest.org and updating my storage hardware, i will look into those, thanks

BunnyK

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019

The bios version is F50

BunnyK

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019
Just as a test. See if this fix settles your game crashes. I don't recommend NOT using Virus protection but if this works great. If no change turn it back on but tell it to use less resources.

If your working better "games" get a new antivirus program.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_796X58v9jk
I Just wanna say thank you for your reply, as i've played 5 matches on RS6 (+ a bunch of afk time on the main menu) which was unheard of for me, since at most i was able to play 2 matches without a crash. As far as i can tell, the problem is solved, will update if my games continue to crash

BunnyK

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019
Just as a test. See if this fix settles your game crashes. I don't recommend NOT using Virus protection but if this works great. If no change turn it back on but tell it to use less resources.

If your working better "games" get a new antivirus program.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_796X58v9jk
Since this did work, i most likely will not be turning windows defender back on, do you have any recommendations as to what antivirus software i should install? preferably free? i have installed Malwarebytes, but that only scans the computer to see if anything has gotten onto it

BunnyK

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019
Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte B450M-DS3H
Zotac RTX 2060
EVGA 500w Bronze 80+ PSU
XPG NVMe 512GB SSD

using windows 10 pro (unactivated)

Sometimes when im playing, Rainbow and CS:GO will randomly switch to windowed mode for no reason. sometimes i can just switch it back to fullscreen mode, but sometimes after they go to windowed mode, they black screen and crash/close without error, it is very quite strange, pls someone help!

Here is a list of things i have tried:

verified game files, reinstalled the game (both on ssd and hdd), reinstalled windows 10 home and pro, updated all my drivers, and so much more. It also is not an overheating issue or 100% utilization issue of any parts as i monitor those before, during, and after the crash.

D

Deleted member 14196

If your game files produce log files you might want to look at those but I’m not sure how steam works

BunnyK

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019
Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte B450M-DS3H
Zotac RTX 2060
EVGA 500w Bronze 80+ PSU
XPG NVMe 512GB SSD

using windows 10 pro

So i recently built this computer, and ever since the start, my games have been crashing/ randomly closing. I've mostly only been able to test 2 games, Rainbow Six Siege and CSGO, but they both crash or close at random points in my gameplay, sometimes even on the main menu!
I've tried just about EVERYTHING. If you were to look up RS6 crash fix or CSGO crash fix, i've most likely done any solution you see posted. I'm hoping that someone on this site will be able to help me, as this has become a nuisance, thanks in advance.
(to describe how the crash or close happens, i will be either in game or on the main menu, and when it's a crash, Rainbow Six Siege will freeze for around 30 seconds, close and tell me there was a crash. sometimes when im on the main menu, RS6 will just close with no error. CSGO never really "crashes" annd rather just suddenly closes for no apparent reason)

(And yes, i have verified game files, reinsalled the game (both on ssd and hdd), reinstalled windows 10 home and pro, updated all my drivers, and so much more. It also is not an overheating issue or 100% utilization issue of any parts as i monitor those before, during, and after the crash)
It appears that the newest bios update (51f), and lowering the xmp profile speed from 3200 to 3000 may have fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.