[SOLVED] Why does MSI Afterburner display GPU/Memory Clock in 3 digits?

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
So I was overclocking my 1660ti and increased the core clock by 50 and that was all I did, what I noticed was though, if you see below:

afterburner-20181105-2.png

On the left, It displays the GPU and Memory clock, but they are shown in 3 digits, this isn't the actual numbers on my computer, it's just an image I found but on mine, it has 3 digit numbers on the left like this one.

Is this a bug on the program?

Solution
You see that when the system is idle, or under low power requirements.
Have you taken a look when your system is under load (gaming, video editing, bench, etc)?

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
You see that when the system is idle, or under low power requirements.
Have you taken a look when your system is under load (gaming, video editing, bench, etc)?

I benchmarked it using the UserBenchmark software, and the performance seemed to have gone up.

Quick question if you can answer: The benchmark from UserBenchmark also tests my SSD (Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB), will benchmarking it damage the SSD or reduce lifespan?

I benchmarked it using the UserBenchmark software, and the performance seemed to have gone up.
Modern system will speed up when require and slow down when power is not needed.
Its pointless for a GPU/CPU to run at full speed when a user is just browsing.

Quick question if you can answer: The benchmark from UserBenchmark also tests my SSD (Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB), will benchmarking it damage the SSD or reduce lifespan?
It will reduce the life span as any other writing command.
What might reduced the life cycle is having a drive almost at full capacity.
I have installed dozens of Samsung SSDs and none have stop working because of benchmarking. Of course doing constant bench will definitely shorten its life span.

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
Modern system will speed up when require and slow down when power is not needed.
Its pointless for a GPU/CPU to run at full speed when a user is just browsing.

It will reduce the life span as any other writing command.
What might reduced the life cycle is having a drive almost at full capacity.
I have installed dozens of Samsung SSDs and none have stop working because of benchmarking. Of course doing constant bench will definitely shorten its life span.

So benchmarking an SSD is essentially no different from using it from everyday use.

I have a 256GB Samsung 830 and a 240GB OCZ running for almost 8 years and they still going strong. I have performed countless bench of them and they have outlived my expectations.
I even moved those two drives to newer systems.
Of course I have image backups of them, which I do of any drive content I consider important.