[SOLVED] Why does my computer keep crashing ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jachin1224

Prominent
Oct 6, 2019
Hello, I have had a reoccurring problem over the past year and I can’t diagnose the issue. Every month or so my computer starts to crash at random times , at first it happens slow. Maybe once a week and then it gradually starts to crash faster and faster until I can only be on it for a few minutes max. I figured it was dust , so I would clean my entire rig out and it would work for another month or two. But this time it is giving me problems. I’ve Tried everything I know how to do , I don’t have enough time to launch into safe mode to use windows repair . I’m thinking it might be my Ram or my power supply . And tips or advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

My specs are:
Msi 970 Gaming motherboard

Gtx 970 4gb Sc Edition

AMD Fx-8350 black edition

H100i Liquid Cooler

750 watt G2 Evega gold power supply

2 hyper x 8gb ram (x2)

4 fans : “cooling is not the issue , have checked several time the tempatures are all normal “

2tb Seagate hard drive

250gb Samsung solid state drive

Solution
Where did you get that mobo from? That honestly looks like spill residue from coffee or a coke. Or a capacitor has blown out and leaked, which would explain the crashes as voltages are no longer in spec.
Electronic components will be be damaged (e.g. blow out) due to time--> aging
Aging process could accelerate due to some factors e.g. heat.
Some electronics devices have the so-called "planned obsolescence" planted on purpose by the manufacturer, this can be done by e.g. placing certain components on warmer places inside those devices.

On your case however...well...AMD FX series are not exactly cool ^o^ and old...did I mentioned old already? ^o^

Jachin1224

Prominent
Oct 6, 2019
Electronic components will be be damaged (e.g. blow out) due to time--> aging
Aging process could accelerate due to some factors e.g. heat.
Some electronics devices have the so-called "planned obsolescence" planted on purpose by the manufacturer, this can be done by e.g. placing certain components on warmer places inside those devices.

On your case however...well...AMD FX series are not exactly cool ^o^ and old...did I mentioned old already? ^o^
Thanks , that makes sense . Many company’s do this and it’s bs. Do you think I can clean the liquid off and get a few months of playing off of it? Or do you think it’s f’d?