Question Why green and white pixels showing up only during movement and only on Chromecast? My other sources don’t show these.

Shrek4t

Reputable
Apr 24, 2019
There are white pixel dotted lines and green pixels showing up everytime there is some movement on screen. It only happens when I set the source on my av receiver to Chromecast. Everytime I use the remote to navigate through the menus and titles, there is movement and the dotted lines and green pixels show up at the area of movement. When I start to play any title, the green pixels are all over the screen. When there is no movement, the entire picture shows up perfectly. The tv functions perfectly well with other sources.

Shrek4t

Reputable
Apr 24, 2019
how is the chromcast connect to the tv? try another port? cable?
The Chromecast comes with an attached hdmi cable. One end goes to the av receiver hdmi port. The other end goes directly into the Chromecast circuit board. So there’s no way I can change the hdmi cable. As for the hdmi cable that goes from the av receiver to the tv, the other sources are working perfectly fine so I’m assuming it can’t be that hdmi cable. I have yet to try switching ports on the av receiver. Will try and let you know.

Shrek4t

Reputable
Apr 24, 2019
how is the chromcast connect to the tv? try another port? cable?
I tried changing the source. The problem stays. However, I realised that when I play YouTube videos, the entire screen has a thin grainy red green blue layer over the video that’s playing. And the subtitles are on top of this layer, completely clear of any distortion. Additionally, after the video has played, the suggested videos thumbnails that appear on the YouTube player screen are also completely clear of any distortion. I’m beginning to feel that my Chromecast is acting up and it’s nothing to do with the tv.