[SOLVED] Why has my m.2 drive stopped showing in windows?

Shrimp_Guard

Reputable
Jan 24, 2017
My m.2 drive that I installed a month ago has stopped showing anywhere in windows. It has been working great until now. It shows up in my BIOS. I have remounted and swapped slots in the motherboard with no luck. Not sure what to try now. There are some files on there that I would like to recover but it is not the end of the world if I cant get them back. The drive in question is: wdc wds100t2b0c-00pxh0
Thank you for any help

My m.2 drive that I installed a month ago has stopped showing anywhere in windows. It has been working great until now. It shows up in my BIOS. I have remounted and swapped slots in the motherboard with no luck. Not sure what to try now. There are some files on there that I would like to recover but it is not the end of the world if I cant get them back. The drive in question is: wdc wds100t2b0c-00pxh0
Thank you for any help
"Anywhere" like in Disk Management and in Device manager too ?

May 10, 2021
Do u have aorus x570 perhaps? Is there AMD-RAID bottom device under storage controllers in device manager? Delete it.
This works like a charm!

In my case, after having a Windows update recently, I noticed that my drive(M.2 SSD) disappeared and an "unknown device" appeared under "other devices" in Device Manager.
It is still showing up in BIOS, and I could even install another Win10 in it.