Question Why is cinebench crashing my pc?

Apr 16, 2019
My pc crashes as soon as I try to open the cinebench application. Can someone help me diagnose the issue. This is on a brand new build so I’m trying to dial everything in and make my pc performance powerful and stable.

CPU: i9 9720x
GPU: GeForce rtx 2080 ti
MB: rog rampage extreme vi
RAM: corasair vengeance 32g
SSD: Samsung 970 pro 1tb m.2
PSU: Corsair 1200w
Cooler: custom water cooling loop (very low temps)

Apr 16, 2019
Corrupt Cinebench download?
Conflicts with other software running in the background?
Does this happen with any other app or pgm? Have you run a system stability test like Intel Burn Test or Prime95?

I just ran the intel burn test and completed it successfully in 112.55 seconds. Please explain more in depth, as I don't know what to take away from that test other than it supposedly passed it successfully. Should I try to re install the cinebench application? I have made another thread about FPS stability in APEX LEGENDS if anyone could be of assistance on that as well, thanks you.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That would be the first thing I think I'd try; uninstall/reinstall of CB.
But before you do the reinstall, run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. You might have software conflicts and/or registry issues that it can fix.
And try not to have any other apps running in the background when you run CB.

The IBT run you did should be fine for stability checking. Are you running CB R15 or R20?

Apr 16, 2019
the fresh install of cinebench also crashed. Until the crash from the ccleaner, CB has been the only application to cause a crash. I have ran other benchmarks like 3D mark with smooth results.