[SOLVED] Why is my Corsair CX550m making this annoying sound?

sir_squab7

Prominent
Dec 20, 2020
New to pc building and keep running into problems with various components. This time the PSU is really loud. Here is a link to a video of the sound:

Specs: Ryzen 5 3600
b450m Gaming plus max
Corsair vengeance 3200mhz 16gb
gtx 1660
CX550m psu
2 hard drives
1 ssd
1 m.2nvme ssd

Also whenever I turn on my pc the red cpu light turns on for a second and then turns off. It works fine. I'm discouraged. I can hear it pretty loud with my headphones on just at homescreen.

Last edited:
Solution
First off, you don't seem to have the right screws on the PSU's mount. Those look like screws for the HDD used on the PSU. You should be using these;
image.jpg

Following that, how old is the PSU in question?

...and keep running into problems with various components.
Can you elaborate on this line?

Lutfij

Titan
First off, you don't seem to have the right screws on the PSU's mount. Those look like screws for the HDD used on the PSU. You should be using these;
image.jpg

Following that, how old is the PSU in question?

...and keep running into problems with various components.
Can you elaborate on this line?

Solution

sir_squab7

Prominent
Dec 20, 2020
Could the screws be causing the problem? The PSU is new, recently bought. A month ago I had my build with an rx 580 and I keep getting pixels on my screen so I switched to a gtx 1660 and it hasn't happened. I am also getting a red light to appear with the cpu light on the motherboard when I turn it on and then the light turns off, I'm not sure if this is just something with the motherboard and it's fine or it is a problem. Those were my main problems.

sir_squab7

Prominent
Dec 20, 2020
I reseated it and used the right screws and it appears to not be rattling anymore. Thank you. The only other thing I need to work on is my cpu cooler (hyper 212) is really loud. And then also like I said when I boot the computer the red cpu ez debug light turns on and off and then the vga one turns on and off which doesn't seem to cause any problems. Maybe it is just something with the bios because I updated them.

Last edited: