Question Why is my Corsair H150i AIO not showing up in iCUE?

Tayfow805

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019
The AIO is functioning perfectly normal, the pump is running, I can control the fan speeds, the pump itself wont show up in iCUE to address the RBG. It's just running through the default rainbow pattern. I tried to change the USB to an external one. I plugged a phone USB cable and connected it to an external USB. This didn't work. I get the cooler detected in Device Manager as "H150i Platinum". When I install both iCUE & Link, Link states that "H150i Pro" is being controlled by iCUE. I tried uninstalling and installing again (latest version from Corsair.com downloads, and still no change. All the software and drivers are up to date. I don't know what to do next.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You must have the usb plugged in to control fan speeds etc, the cpu_fan header doesn't do that, so why exactly it's not eligible for the RGB on the pump is beyond me. Only thing I can think of is there's a demo setting or some such that's enabled, so doesn't allow user input for that. Could be you need to set a custom profile, not default profile for availability to change it. Not sure.

Tayfow805

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019
You must have the usb plugged in to control fan speeds etc, the cpu_fan header doesn't do that, so why exactly it's not eligible for the RGB on the pump is beyond me. Only thing I can think of is there's a demo setting or some such that's enabled, so doesn't allow user input for that. Could be you need to set a custom profile, not default profile for availability to change it. Not sure.
i did a repair through icue software and it seemed to do the trick. thank you for the replies.

Personally speaking Corsair should have some how combined the fan and pump controls of the corsair link into the Ique alittle better. The link gives you more speed of the fans then Ique, in link there are 7 fan modes rather then 4 choice's for Ique.
My son only needs Ique for his corsair void wireless headsets but not for the watercooler.
He and I have the H110i's non rgb fans.
When I had the H100iv2 in it with the Noctua IPPC 3000 rpm fans on it with Ique the fans would not go to the max rpm. remove Ique and installed corsair link they would.
Also I just helped a friend change his fans and rad of a H115i non rgb fans on a new build he had install Ique and the fans would only go to alittle over 1000 rpm. where they are rated for 1200rpm max. So we removed and installed Link 4 now the fans go much closer to there max and the Pump head still has rgb. It had 4-5 paterns or modes.
Now a couple hundred rpm isn't going to change the temp that much but ever little bit helps when it comes to cooling. He is all ready considering the 140mm IPPC 3000 rpm Noctua's He isn't into BLING and not worried about noise.
Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Tayfow805