Why is my download speed so slow on some programs? Please help!

Mads Haugaard

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014
Hey i got a download speed problem, when i try download something my speed goes down to about 200kb/s and that just pain in the Ass to be honest. But when i download from Steam the speed is "Normal" but like if i download from Utorrent, Geforce Experience drivers, or any website my download speed is realy realy bad.

I live in denmark so my speed is not good at all.. so i only got a 20mb download and 2 Upload. (20/2)

What can cause theese problems?

Hamachi? <-- I had some problems beforce with this program.

Solution

On the back of the router, there's a small reset button. While the router is on, hold it down until all the lights flash on it (the specific process will vary from router to router). You can google the exact method for your router.

When it comes back on, all the settings will be back to factory. You can then begin the process of changing username/password to prevent unauthorized access, change other settings like SSID, etc.

rpenri

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Besides port forwarding for uTorrent...

Have you looked at doing a factory reset on the router? Sometimes people go into the settings and change things they don't understand causing a slow down.

rpenri

Distinguished
May 25, 2010

On the back of the router, there's a small reset button. While the router is on, hold it down until all the lights flash on it (the specific process will vary from router to router). You can google the exact method for your router.

When it comes back on, all the settings will be back to factory. You can then begin the process of changing username/password to prevent unauthorized access, change other settings like SSID, etc.

Solution