[SOLVED] Why is my FPS so low in every game

Mar 28, 2020
I have low FPS in all of my games. I have tried everything I know of to help fix it, yet nothing has worked. I'm really not sure what to do. I can barely even run GTA. My specs are:
Intel Core i7-8750H @2.20 GHz
16 GB of ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with max- Q design
Windows 10

Solution
When was when last time you defanged your drive it can greatly help

You might want to find out of the OP is even running a HDD first. While defrag can help a HDD if the files are fragmented, it will do nothing for an SSD except cause unnecessary wear and tear. Given the specs of the system there is a good chance it's running an SSD boot drive or atleast Windows 10. Win 10 will auto defrag HDDs and run TRIM on SSDs to optimize them.
With the CPU in mind, I suppose this is a laptop?

If that is the case, have you tried monitoring the temperatures while gaming in order to identify possible thermal throttling?

What make and model is your computer?

Is this an issue which only recently began to occur, or was this an issue from day one?

bignastyid

Titan
When was when last time you defanged your drive it can greatly help

You might want to find out of the OP is even running a HDD first. While defrag can help a HDD if the files are fragmented, it will do nothing for an SSD except cause unnecessary wear and tear. Given the specs of the system there is a good chance it's running an SSD boot drive or atleast Windows 10. Win 10 will auto defrag HDDs and run TRIM on SSDs to optimize them.

Solution

laptop-Tech

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020
no windows 10 douse not for my laptop had to be maualy defraged

Mar 28, 2020
I have an SSD that runs my hardware, but an HDD that stores my games.

Mar 28, 2020
With the CPU in mind, I suppose this is a laptop?

If that is the case, have you tried monitoring the temperatures while gaming in order to identify possible thermal throttling?

What make and model is your computer?

Is this an issue which only recently began to occur, or was this an issue from day one?
I'm not sure how to check temperatures, but it gets pretty hot to the touch.

I have a Dell G7 Gaming laptop.

It hasn't been since day one, but it's been going on for a while. I'd say summer of 2019.

Mar 6, 2020
I have low FPS in all of my games. I have tried everything I know of to help fix it, yet nothing has worked. I'm really not sure what to do. I can barely even run GTA. My specs are:
Intel Core i7-8750H @2.20 GHz
16 GB of ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with max- Q design
Windows 10
I have the same problem, but for me, it started with good fps and got worse and worse by the year.