Question Why is my gpu utilization in games lower than 50%?

Sep 23, 2020
Specs:
RX 5700xt
Ryzen 5 3600x
16gb DDR4 3600mhz
MSI MAG b550 tomahawk
2tb team group SSD

i have just built a new pc and In the few games i have downloaded so far and tested on i only seem to be getting no more than 50% gpu utilization max at any time with around 30% cpu utilization, im pretty sure its not due to cpu or ram bottlenecking since this seems to be a pretty balanced build, i also updated my BIOS to the latest version to see if that was the issue and nothing. Funny thing is when i do a test in Unigine Heaven 4.0 benchmark i get full 100% gpu utilization with around 40% cpu utilization. Can anyone help?

It depends on the application you're trying to run. Not every application can use all of the CPU resources either by design or the CPU performs fast enough that it has idle time. Similarly, not every application can use all of the GPU resources for similar reasons.

To see if your card is performing as expected, either run benchmarks that other people have or find results for games that you play.

Sep 23, 2020
uninstall/disable afterburner and rivatuner or other GPU tweaking software and bench again

check the temperature of your CPU
check the RAM speed, set the xmp profile in your BIOS

Is the latest BIOS version 7C91vA3 on the motherboard?
uninstalled afterburner and rivatuner and it recognized it this time https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33401120 also it was using 100% of my gpu in the benchmark
i downloaded the latest bios version 7C91vA3 on to a flash drive then flashed the bios and updated but when i go into the file in the flash to install the new version it is called "E7C91AMD A.30" also when i run msinfo on desktop it says my bios version is just "A.30" is that the same one?
CPU temps never go above 70c
my ram speed is clocked and set to its full 3600mhz made sure to do that in the bios XMP

Sep 23, 2020
uninstall/disable afterburner and rivatuner or other GPU tweaking software and bench again

check the temperature of your CPU
check the RAM speed, set the xmp profile in your BIOS

Is the latest BIOS version 7C91vA3 on the motherboard?
okay ram was running at 3600mhz at 0ne point yesterday but apparently i had disabled the xmp profile at somepoint, went back in and fixed it ran another benchmark and everything seems to be running good now
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33402067

Sep 23, 2020
Do you see better performance while gaming?
i seem to be getting better performance now but for some reason i only have half of my available ram available in game (8gb out of 16) and it is only running at half of my max clock speed (1750mhz out of 3600mhz) i have both xmp profiles available and showing my ram set up at 3600mhz in my bios and task manager says its running at 3600mhz but then will only ever use max 8gb, i have 2x8gb ram sticks installed in the correct slots (DIMMA2 and DIMMB2), in system information it says:
Installed physical memory 16gb
total physical memory 15.2gb
available physical memory 8.06gb
total virtual memory 4.17gb

I am running with a corsair tmx 750w 80+ gold
i am using the stock wraith spire cooler that comes with the 3600x and will have my cpu temps around 50-60c idle and then no more than 75c under load