Question Why is my graphics card always having low usage , that is , less than 30% , pls help

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
My cpu is Ryzen 5 3400g
Gpu is gtx 1650
With 16gb dual channel ram running at 2667mhz

My PC has been getting really bad frames and very low GPU usage lately and I have no idea why, pls help me
I've tried a bunch of fixes on yt but they never worked .

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
ram usage?
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

what game exactly
ram usage?
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

what game exactly?
Asus tuf GTX 1650
ASRock b450 steel legend
Hyperx fury 2*8gb 2666mhz
Zalman 550w "83+" , PSU
Random Toshiba hdd
Some gigabyte ssd

It mostly happens on the game my small brother is playing which is Roblox
It doesn't exceed 30% usage most of the time and the fps is very low ( 30 or less )
But on other games like the Witcher 3 it doesn't happen that much.
Usage would be high at 95% but sometimes it dips to 70% and causes an fps drop
Ram usage is fine , on Witcher 3 it uses around 6-7gb and on Roblox it uses 7 gb too ( my brother plays a graphically demanding racing game on Roblox )

Why does the usage and fps keep dropping

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
If you can limit it to a single game, then it is likely the game.

Could be as simple as that Roblox specific game being poorly written. Do other Roblox gameplay types suffer the same problem?
that game ran well for my brother for months,
actually, its the only roblox game that does this.
it didnt recieve an update recently and it has just started this very low gpu usage a few days back 😟😔
i cant find a solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
First step would be to update all the system drivers. Starting with the motherboard chispet, audio, and network. GPU drivers.

GPU drivers is where you might want to experiment with using an old driver.

If you have Geforce Experience installed, make sure nothing weird has happened to the profile for Roblox, like dynamic super resolution. Check the Nvidia control panel for any out of place settings as well.

When you say only Roblox, do you mean everything in Roblox, or just that specific game mode in Roblox?

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
First step would be to update all the system drivers. Starting with the motherboard chispet, audio, and network. GPU drivers.

GPU drivers is where you might want to experiment with using an old driver.

If you have Geforce Experience installed, make sure nothing weird has happened to the profile for Roblox, like dynamic super resolution. Check the Nvidia control panel for any out of place settings as well.

When you say only Roblox, do you mean everything in Roblox, or just that specific game mode in Roblox?

with the B450, you have a Ryzen CPU, which *really* wants 3200/3600 RAM.

have you done driver updates? Is is possible Roblox has VSync on (and set to 30fps)?
1- gpu drivers are up to date which
I tried rolling back the drivers and testing again
, No change
GeForce experience is installed , Roblox isn't supported there I think , and even if it was , the problem is with GPU utilization, it's not going over 30%

2- my ram actually supports 3200mhz but it isn't stable at that speed for some weird reason which I shall not get into, I have tried every single method there is so it really isn't the ram speed , I mean , why would 2666 mhz suddenly out of nowhere start limiting gpu utilization

And Roblox doesn't have vsync , I even switched it off from Nvidia control panel

😭😓😔

My understanding is that roblox is simulating multi threads, but that it is actually controlled by a single thread.
Windows spreads out activity among all available threads.
Your 3400g has 8 threads so if all activity was on just one thread, your average cpu utilization would be 100%/8 or 12.5%
That is probably what is limiting the ability of the cpu to generate a higher volume of frames for the gpu to deliver.

There may be help for you in the form of settings; look on the roblox forums.

Or, see if you can't upgrade your processor to one with a better single thread performance.
To see if your 3400G is performing nominally, run the cpu-Z bench and look at the single thread performance raing.
It should be about 467: