[SOLVED] Why is my i5 3570 3.4ghz(3.8 with turbo) Stuck at 3.59 ghz?

Aug 12, 2019
actually it has a core turbo and an ALL CORE turbo...
single core turbo is 3.8GHz but ALL CORE turbo is 3.6ghz... please... all of you... read the in depth specs.... just please... its NOT overheating causing this...
its a locked cpu.

Reactions: yasinzz

yasinzz

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
single core turbo is 3.8GHz but ALL CORE turbo is 3.6ghz... please... all of you... read the in depth specs.... just please... its NOT overheating causing this...
its a locked cpu.
Hello, I made some changes in bios but i dont think i somehow locked the cpu, I used to get 3.8 ghz some years ago as well as some time in 2019 as far as i can remember. Also I unparked my cpu's with some software called quickcpu.

What did you mean by '' locked cpu''? What can i do to fix the issue?

Thanks.

I don't like parking software, personally. Windows 10, with the correct drivers, will do a perfectly fine job of controlling how fast your CPU goes, depending on the load. Parking software is a perfect example of what you are experiencing above, keeping your CPU below full speed.

yasinzz

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
I don't like parking software, personally. Windows 10, with the correct drivers, will do a perfectly fine job of controlling how fast your CPU goes, depending on the load. Parking software is a perfect example of what you are experiencing above, keeping your CPU below full speed.
I also noticed that windows itself just does fine but why would a parking software cause this? It is there to literally unlock my cpu and make it work at full speed?

yasinzz

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
its a locked cpu.
ACtually when I check cores individually , I see all my cores stuck at 3590mhz , none of them going above , as the person mentioned down there that maybe cause 2 cores being used and none of them will go above 3.6?

CPU is doing exactly as it should....(other's have already explained single core vs. all core turbo, so, spare yourself from thinking you should see the peak single core turbo speed always...; you won't)

Nothing to be clicked on/deselected/tinkered with is going to change it's behavior, it's a locked CPU.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Speed = heat. Intel cannot predict exactly what cooling solution you may or may not use and isn't about to try and guess. So it writes one power profile for that cpu.

Cores don't see constant usage. If a program uses 3 cores/threads, depending on string throughput the next core online gets used. No dedication. So core usage ends up as a series of valleys and peaks, with corresponding temp valleys and peaks. But the cores are also affected by radiant heat from its neighbors.

So 1 core can see maximum turbo speeds, as the in-use core has 3 others to change to and no external heat source. 2 cores is slightly limited choice for next use, and possible neighboring heat from the 2nd core. 3 cores is worse for heat, 4 the worst.

So Intel deliberately drops turbo speeds for higher than 1 thread usage to maintain heat equilibrium across the entire cpu.

Overclockable 'K' cpus are switchable, under OC the power profile is disabled when locking all cores at max turbo speeds.