[SOLVED] Why is my PC putting my tv to standby but my older smaller TV works just fine?

Jan 26, 2022
I just got a new PC and trying to get it set up. Plugged it in just like my old one was set up and it will start to boot then puts my TV to standby like there’s no signal. I took the same PC, HDMI cord, and power cord and tested it on a smaller TV with no problems. Tried again on my main TV in my living room and same thing, standby. Any thoughts or help?

Solution
I just got a new PC and trying to get it set up. Plugged it in just like my old one was set up and it will start to boot then puts my TV to standby like there’s no signal. I took the same PC, HDMI cord, and power cord and tested it on a smaller TV with no problems. Tried again on my main TV in my living room and same thing, standby. Any thoughts or help?
The PC is using a display mode the new TV doesn't support. The old TV supports the display mode.

kanewolf

Titan
The PC is using a display mode the new TV doesn't support. The old TV supports the display mode.

Solution