Question Why is my PC so laggy? Its 2 months old as of June, getting ping spikes when I game, but my network is perfectly fine.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, not a great showing. But userbenchmark isn't an amazing tool.

Load up CPU-Z and get us pictures of the memory tabs to make sure that dual channel is working.

Ryzen 5500 is a cut down 5600G if I recall correctly. Only has 8x PCIe 3.0 to the GPU, so the bandwidth of the RTX4060 is a little low, but it is a light card, so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Now, motherboard and power details won't come through. So if you could provide that information that may help.

Since this is a prebuilt, it may just not have the latest BIOS installed which can make improvements to memory performance/compatibility/etc.

Aug 7, 2024

Load up CPU-Z and get us pictures of the memory tabs to make sure that dual channel is working.

Ryzen 5500 is a cut down 5600G if I recall correctly. Only has 8x PCIe 3.0 to the GPU, so the bandwidth of the RTX4060 is a little low, but it is a light card, so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Now, motherboard and power details won't come through. So if you could provide that information that may help.

Since this is a prebuilt, it may just not have the latest BIOS installed which can make improvements to memory performance/compatibility/etc.
Well before this reply, I had just opened my PC, and for some reason, there was no more ping spikes or anything, it was like it never happened. I am honestly so confused 😭

Aug 7, 2024

Nevermind, its back to spiking. I’ll run CPU-Z and send pictures of the memory tabs. And do you want me to provide you with the motherboard model (is that what you mean) and what do you mean by power details, I’m not too educated in PC parts 😢

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, the motherboard model. This is often where companies like CyberPower really cheap out.

The power supply is the thing with all the power cables coming out of it and going to your motherboard and GPU. It should have a label detailing its model and complete specs printed on it. It may be necessary to remove it to see the details.

I doubt it is underpowered for such a light GPU. This is the other major place that CyberPower tries to save a buck. If it is a particularly low quality unit, it could be having an effect on your motherboard or GPU when you game. Not enough to crash the system, but enough to make it slow down to prevent that.

That or simple overheating during a long gaming session. You mentioned opening up the computer helped for a while. A lot of chassis these days come covered in tempered glass rather than having air vents, this is not ideal for computers.

Aug 7, 2024
EFHvbDL.png

Is this what you mean by the memory tab?

Aug 7, 2024
qFcrgxC.png
Yes, the motherboard model. This is often where companies like CyberPower really cheap out.

The power supply is the thing with all the power cables coming out of it and going to your motherboard and GPU. It should have a label detailing its model and complete specs printed on it. It may be necessary to remove it to see the details.

I doubt it is underpowered for such a light GPU. This is the other major place that CyberPower tries to save a buck. If it is a particularly low quality unit, it could be having an effect on your motherboard or GPU when you game. Not enough to crash the system, but enough to make it slow down to prevent that.

That or simple overheating during a long gaming session. You mentioned opening up the computer helped for a while. A lot of chassis these days come covered in tempered glass rather than having air vents, this is not ideal for computers.
Also here’s this. I think it has the motherboard model in it.

Aug 7, 2024

Also, how can I track the temp of cpu and gpu? What should the safe temperatures be and what temps should I not go beyond.