Question Why is my pre built so loud?

Aug 30, 2024
HP Victus 15L-TG02. RTX 3060 Ti and i5 12th gen.
It was already loud when I bought it two years ago but I got an Arctic fan to replace the stock case fan which didn't really change anything. Whenever I'm playing games, the case fan is the only one to start spinning fast and being loud. Usually it's at 1300 rpm but while playing it's around 2000 rpm.
I also tried some fan curves but that makes the case really hot and I don't know if that's normal.

Arctic fans have pretty bad acoustics at higher RPMs, but that case isn't doing any favors for cooling given that there's only a single exhaust fan and the CPU cooler isn't great. If you're looking for an improvement without replacing the case (I'm not even 100% sure the motherboard would be compatible as HP is notorious for custom boards) I'd suggest removing the hard drive cage(s) if they're not in use and replacing the CPU cooler with a 92mm fan tower cooler. A tower cooler would help exhaust air out of the case quite a bit given the design.

I believe this would fit in that case: https://www.thermalright.com/product/assassin-king-90-v2/