Question Why is my prebuild pc not working properly

David336yeah

Prominent
Oct 22, 2019
So i have bought myself a prebuild gaming pc from predator i was gaming normally for the first month but now when i game over longer time it starts dropping fps or i dont know but like it felt like everything was going in slow motion and skipping frame
I have a cpu temperature after like 3 hours of gta gaming from 85 degree Celsius
And gpu around 80 degree Celsius.

Specs:
Cpu: i7 10700
Gpu: rtx 2060
And a 500w gold liteon power supply. And 2 times when i gamed gta stopped and i got a buzzing sound in my headphones and same happend in rocket league. Pls help
My pc : acer predator orion 3000

That does sound like a power supply problem, and given its a liteon power supply Im not surprised.
A quality 550w unit shouldnt have any issue running those specs, that however, is not a quality unit.

If you have the money, replace it yourself.
If not, send it back and demand a different, quality PSU be installed. (they likely wont)

Reactions: David336yeah
I would replace that PSU even if you werent having performance issues. Its a hazard to your system. (Im also not sure Liteon even makes a gold 500w unit, so you may be getting bad information about it too).
If you could post a picture of the PSU that would be great.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Ok hold on a sec...just checking your hardware. your rtx 2060 (what is the brand?) tells us only that it wants a 500watt PSU... but it doesn't say that it would only work stably for hours on end @ max fps if it where connected to a PSU witch had a more stable 54Amp 12V rail or better.

David336yeah

Prominent
Oct 22, 2019
Ok hold on a sec...just checking your hardware. your rtx 2060 (what is the brand?) tells us only that it wants a 500watt PSU... but it doesn't say that it would only work stably for hours on end @ max fps if it where connected to a PSU witch had a more stable 54Amp 12V rail or better.

the gpu ist directly from nividia so is a 650 psu from be quiet good?

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Probably... what brand gpu do you actually have? 650Watt with a great high 12 rail should do it...but I would search for reviews if you find one in your price range... I also wount cheap out on the PSU if I was you...get a great one then you know you are solid in that department.