[SOLVED] why is the integrated graphics card used as my display adapter?

Jan 28, 2019
when i go to my display settings it says : display 2 connected to intel hd graphics 630. i have a gtx 1050 ti( im on a laptop) but why cant i have my display connected to my 1050 ti. plz some1 help!!

Solution

Click Start, type dxdiag, tap enter. Let the test run and answer yes to the signature question. Click on the Display tab. That'll tell you what's being used. Open up your Nvidia Control panel(Right click desktop and click on NCP) Click on 3D Settings and on the Global Settings tab click on Preferred Graphics Processor.

rhelmar1

Respectable
May 23, 2016
A lot of laptops use the iGPU as a passthrough for a dedicated one. If you open some hardware monitoring tool like msi afterburner or hwinfo, you will see that the 1050 ti is being utilized. while playing a game for example

Click Start, type dxdiag, tap enter. Let the test run and answer yes to the signature question. Click on the Display tab. That'll tell you what's being used. Open up your Nvidia Control panel(Right click desktop and click on NCP) Click on 3D Settings and on the Global Settings tab click on Preferred Graphics Processor.

Solution