[SOLVED] why is there a green light on my motherboard

Nov 18, 2021
My motherboard is green and it keeps booting into bios, i have gotten past bios a couple of times but then it goes into repairing pc mode and nothing will work i just keep booting into the same thing. My bios is saying no bootable device, if anyone can fix my issue i’ll pay you 50$ i am so desperate!!!

Solution
so i just got home and my new hard drive came in i think that’s what was wrong with it but i don’t know how to install it i set it up in my bios and after i exit bios it says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media and i’m not sure what to do
First get a USB stick and go to a working PC to "Create Windows 10 Installation Media" from here...
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
Check some youtube videos if you are not sure.

Next, install the new HDD and detach all other drives for now in your PC and go to BIOS. Choose "Removable Drive" as boot device, which is your USB stick with installation media. Now plug in the USB and run the Windows installation...
What are the parts in your build??? Please mention parts list in detail as well as the below information...
Age of the build, last time it was working, any changes you have made since then, OS is activated or not, anything else that you think can be helpful.

Nov 18, 2021
Amd Ryzen 7 1700
Asus Rog B-450 motherboard
Nivida 1660 x gou
XPC ddr 4 8gb of ram
evga 750 gold psu

the build is about 4 years old i updated most of the parts tho everything besides the ram and hard drive have been updated and i had it unplugged for about 6 months and i just built a desk to build it in and put glass over and i got everything setup and the components worked u just kept going to a repair screen when i tried to turn it on.

Amd Ryzen 7 1700
Asus Rog B-450 motherboard
Nivida 1660 x gou
XPC ddr 4 8gb of ram
evga 750 gold psu

the build is about 4 years old i updated most of the parts tho everything besides the ram and hard drive have been updated and i had it unplugged for about 6 months and i just built a desk to build it in and put glass over and i got everything setup and the components worked u just kept going to a repair screen when i tried to turn it on.
What storage drives do you have? Have you tried checking for boot device priority in BIOS?

Nov 18, 2021
i am not sure what storage drives i have and when i check for boot priority there is nothing to select. I am at work right now but i’ll check what storage i have

i am not sure what storage drives i have and when i check for boot priority there is nothing to select. I am at work right now but i’ll check what storage i have
There should be a section in your BIOS where you can set Boot Device priority. Make sure it is selected as Storage Drive(not network, optical or removable drive) and then choose the particular Windows drive as priority if you have multiple storage devices.
This is assuming you have Windows loaded on one of the drives.

Nov 18, 2021
There should be a section in your BIOS where you can set Boot Device priority. Make sure it is selected as Storage Drive(not network, optical or removable drive) and then choose the particular Windows drive as priority if you have multiple storage devices.
This is assuming you have Windows loaded on one of the drives.
yes i have it on my drives i will try that when i get home. i will reply back and let you know

Reactions: Hellfire13
Nov 18, 2021
yes i have it on my drives i will try that when i get home. i will reply back and let you know
so i just got home and my new hard drive came in i think that’s what was wrong with it but i don’t know how to install it i set it up in my bios and after i exit bios it says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media and i’m not sure what to do

First get a USB stick and go to a working PC to "Create Windows 10 Installation Media" from here...
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
Check some youtube videos if you are not sure.

Next, install the new HDD and detach all other drives for now in your PC and go to BIOS. Choose "Removable Drive" as boot device, which is your USB stick with installation media. Now plug in the USB and run the Windows installation...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbGkPYtXtmA

Once done, reattach all other drives if you want to use them and get back to BIOS. Now choose the HDD with Windows as your boot device and you should be golden.

Solution