Question Why isn't dual channel ram not working?

Feb 21, 2020
Help!

So when I put my ram in dim 1 and 2 in single-channel my pc works fine and if I try to put it in dual channel my pc will turn on but will not boot into windows 10 and here are my specs Mother board:https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z370-SLI-PLUS Ram: Crucial 8gb DDR4-2666 UDIMM Cpu: I5 8500 Graphics Card: GTX 960 Drive: NVMe Intel

I'm kinda dumb and need help to set dual-channel also I have a third identical ram stick and all the sticks work

1st - to set up dual channel memory configuration, your ram must be in pairs - 2 modules or 4 modules.
With 3 modules - no dual channel.
2nd - for guarantied operation your ram must be from same kit - purchased as a set of 2 modules (not separately purchased). Mixing different sets together can cause compatibility problems.
3rd - check cpu socket for bent pins. If pins on socket are bent/damaged, you can get memory related issues like some ram slots not working.

Help!

So when I put my ram in dim 1 and 2 in single-channel my pc works fine and if I try to put it in dual channel my pc will turn on but will not boot into windows 10 and here are my specs Mother board:https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z370-SLI-PLUS Ram: Crucial 8gb DDR4-2666 UDIMM Cpu: I5 8500 Graphics Card: GTX 960 Drive: NVMe Intel

I'm kinda dumb and need help to set dual-channel also I have a third identical ram stick and all the sticks work
Try different a different dual channel, some boards wont accept if its seated to lets say slot 2 and slot 4, go with slot 1 and 3. If you put your 3rd stick in your pc your dual channel wont work automatically.

Feb 21, 2020
1st - to set up dual channel memory configuration, your ram must be in pairs - 2 modules or 4 modules.
With 3 modules - no dual channel.
2nd - for guarantied operation your ram must be from same kit - purchased as a set of 2 modules (not separately purchased). Mixing different sets together can cause compatibility problems.
3rd - check cpu socket for bent pins. If pins on socket are bent/damaged, you can get memory related issues like some ram slots not working.
Ok so I got the ram 2nd hand so I'm not sure if they came in a kit but the 3 ram sticks are the same model and I checked the CPU socket and the socket has no bent pins