[SOLVED] Why isn't my motherboard powering on with a jumpstart?

Sep 7, 2021
I am currently trying to find the issue in my new pc not being able to Power On not Post.

Before I assemble in case I like to assemble out to ensure all components are working. I have had major issues over the last week not being able to power on the motherboard by jump starting. I have been in the process of elimination all week lol.

Components Installed:
X570 Tomahawk MSI
5900x
Lian li Galahad Aio 360
Corsair LPX Vengeance 64gb 3200mhz
Corsair RM00850X PSU

I flashed the bios of my motherboard X570 Msi Tomahawk which led me to believe the Motherboard + PSU were working. I waited a good 15 minutes and took all the usual steps to ensure it had finished. I haven't a clue how to know if this was successful. I have done this 3x and each time the motherboard and psu fans, led's come on.

I then installed the CPU (5900x) Cooler (Lian Li Galahad 360) CPU_1 pwr cable + 24-pin and 3x fans that come with this cooler. I then tried to jumpstart the motherboard connecting the two power headers using a screwdriver. There was no response.

After this I removed the CPU + Cooler and 2x fans. I left 1x fan, CPU_1 pwr cable and 24-pin in and tried to jump start the motherboard. Once again there was no response.

I am assuming that because I "successfully" updated the bios 3 times. (each time leds fans came on) It must be an issue with the CPU? Why would the motherboard lights, fans come on if it was dead? Why would the PSU power this bios flash if it was dead?

anyway... if anyone knows of anything else I can try it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sep 7, 2021
When you flashed the bios did the red light start blinking then stopped after a few minutes?
When the light is blinking then it's updating when it goes out it's finished.
so there was a white light flashing on the Tomahawk and the chipset fan was spinning full speed. After about 5 minutes it stopped for 2 seconds or so and then the flashing stopped but the chipset fan remained spinning at full. I then waited another 10 minutes just to be absolutely sure and turned off the power supply with the switch.

I did this process 3 times. I thought if my configuration to test wasn't working maybe I should try and flash it again.