Question Why my CPU usage is at 100% while I'm playing Rainbow Six Siege?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello everyone. I've been playing siege since 2017 and I really love the game, but the last 7-8 months my game has poor fps and that is because my cpu is at 100% all the time. My gpu is the gtx 1070 and cpu is fx 9370. When I bought the game that wasn't the case though, I was playing with 100+ fps at the same settings I'm playing now, but now I'm getting 60-65(gpu usage about 40-50% instead of 99%) and when I shoot it drops below 60 and it's really frustrating. I don't know why that is happening, although I'm aware that my cpu is a huge bottleneck. Actually I think this is happening since november 2017 if I remember correctly, but before that everything was fine. Can I check/fix something or straight up buy a new cpu? Also I'm gaming at 1080p 60hz, I don't know if that helps. Thanks in advance.

The CPU frequency is how high?

Most likely the CPU is throttling because of overheating or voltage problems on the motherboard (VRM)

check the temperature with amd overdrive, have a look at the temperature margin there while gaming and fps drops

Which motherboard is it?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
The CPU frequency is how high?

Most likely the CPU is throttling because of overheating or voltage problems on the motherboard (VRM)

check the temperature with amd overdrive, have a look at the temperature margin there while gaming and fps drops

Which motherboard is it?
I don't think it's overheating because my cpu never goes higher than 55-60 celsius(usually it's at 45-50). My motherboard is the asrock 990fx extreme9.